ALATEC is one of the fastest growing private, government services companies in the United States. Based in Huntsville, AL; ALATEC has operations in New Mexico, Texas, Kansas, Virginia, Florida, and Arizona. Driven by ethical business practices and a passionate work environment, ALATEC is committed to supporting the U.S. Soldier.
ALATEC is seeking a passionate Java Developer who wants to work in a challenging, professional environment committed to national security and soldier safety. As a Wargaming Developer you will develop and support leading edge modeling & simulation software that is utilized for military wargaming studies.
ALATEC has an excellent benefits plan. In addition to low premium medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, paid time off, and an outstanding 401K; ALATEC offers TRI-Care supplement, additional low cost life insurance, and out of pocket medical reimbursement up to $1000 per year.
- Assuring current code adheres to Quality Assurance standards
- Planning and the development of leading edge modeling & simulation programs utilized for military wargaming
- Collaborating directly with other engineers, managers and military officials
- Interfacing with clients for requirements gathering and expectation management
- 1 years of professional experience utilizing core Java for software development or 2 years of C or C++ experience (related academic or internship experience may be taken under consideration)
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited direct oversight
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Customer service oriented, specifically adept at "expectations management"
- Effective analytical and problem solving abilities
- Proficient user of MS Office 2007 Products
- Programmed Java in Netbeans and CVS environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related field)
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related field)
Work Site Requirement:
- Currently have, or ability to obtain, a secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required) - Work on-site at White Sands Missile Range, NM
- Telecomm is NOT an option
ALATEC is an EEO employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.