ALATEC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business committed to serving our nation. We strive to provide a professional and rewarding work environment for our employees.
ALATEC is currently recruiting for a Methodology of Movement Algorithms developer to support our mission at the TRAC Ft. Leavenworth. This position is full-time and comes with an above average benefits plan.
In addition to low premium medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, paid time off, and an outstanding 401K; ALATEC offers TRI-Care supplement, additional low cost life insurance, and out of pocket medical reimbursement up to $1000 per year.
ALATEC is seeking to expand the functionality of its support of the combat Advanced Warfigher simulation (AWARS). AWARS terrain is represented by an aggregate terrain database with superimposed network of mobility corridors. The next phase of the work will consist of making the AWARS units make more reasoned selections for routes. The terrain includes attributes such as water, urbanized areas, mountains and natural obstacles. The methodology needs to:
- Dynamically allow a unit to select a new route when the tactical situation changes
- At a minimum consider the commanders criteria when planning routes
- Congestion on the mobility corridor
- Effects of length and width of the corridor on congestion
- Commander's priority of unit movements
- Document all software requirements in the AWARS format
- Acquire and maintain a broad working knowledge of U.S. Army tactics, techniques, and procedures both doctrinal and experimental to include, but not limited to:
- Vehicles, aircraft, weapon systems and other equipment both fielded and developmental
- U.S. Army Corps and division level organizations for combat and operational principles
- One year professional experience interacting with computer operating systems and programs utilizing Java (school related internship/co-op experience may be considered)
- One Year of experience developing algorithms
- One Year of experience developing movement algorithms for simulations
- Experience within a military component relative to work to be performed
- Experience with corps and division level logistics
- Familiarity with legacy or current Army wargame simulations (Janus, J-CATS, ModSAF, OneSAF, SEAS, BBS, CBS) adds value
-Knowledge of other operating systems like LINUX, experience with computer based gaming, and other evidence of computer skills and proficiency
- Advanced schooling such as Advanced NCO course (ANCOC) or Officer Advanced Course
- Math or statistics background a strong plus
Work Site Requirement:
- Primarily work on-site at TRAC Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas
- Currently have, or ability to obtain, a U.S. Security Clearance (Must be a U.S. Citizen)
- Telecom is not allowed
ALATEC is an EEO employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.