I appeared for the SCJP6 exam yesterday and cleared it with 90% marks (got 54 correct out of 60 questions).
Just wanted to share some experiences which can be helpful for fellow Java Ranchers who are planning to appear for the SCJP examination.
1. For theory and concepts read only the K&B book. I found the book amazing and will suggest the book for anyone who is planning to get certified. Even for learning Java alone, this book is great.
2. After reading the K&B book once I started doing the Master Exam and used to refer to the book or write a program to better understand the concepts.
3. One week prior to appearing for the exam I went through the ExamLab tests. Used a different strategy as in I did only 10 questions in a stretch and then evaluated and understood the concepts by referring back to the K&B book or writing a small code. Sometimes going through the questions I felt that the information is not there in the K&B book but whenever I referred back to the book I found that the information is very much there. So I feel that just by reading the book once in a stretch we may not catch all the concepts. But using the book as something to refer to while doing questions worked wonders for me (given that atleast the book is read once completely).
4. I was scoring around 50% marks in the ExamLab but in the main exam I got 90% so I feel that the level of ExamLab is much tougher but a great preparation material.
5. I don't think that the time should be a worrying factor at all for the people appearing for the exam. I finished 60 questions in 1hr 50 mins doing the questions at a normal pace.
I will now be starting the preparation for SCWCD. A big thanks to all the Java Ranchers for their help.
Even I also Following the K&B book. I read three times. Now I am wriitng some small programs. And I am practising some mock exams. Now I am getting 50 to 60% score. How much should I get in these exams which were in this website?
How much I should score in master exam for getting 80% in the real exam?