1) Sit in a cafe, where you have a view of the road and the traffic is quite busy
2) Try and identify good looking girls from all the crowd (thinking on your toes)
3) They will either pass you coming right going left or coming left going right
4) Try to welcome everyone with your eyes, follow them, and say good bye. (quick reflexes)
5) Get your friends on to this game. Nothing improves performance than competition. (team work)
6) If possible argue, whose girl was the cutest (group discussion)
7) When you have worked out your eyes enough, try it on a book.
My reading speed is about 30 pages a day. I do not read novels. I only read comics and technical books or books related to science.
If you want to improve reading speed, follow these steps
1. Buy a OCR reader that can scan pages.
2. Install a digital receiver on your medula oblongata
3. Plug the digital output of the receiver to the receiver and your brain will receive the signals directly.
This can be a great project. You can apply the adapter design pattern and use it on your brain.
I tried this on my brain once. I read all the books in the world (excluding novels) in one day. But then there were not enough protein strands to store all the information and the strands that formed turned out to be short term like the ones that form when you have a dream. Back then I knew the purpose of meaning, what infinity was, how to split an atom with your appendix and how to bring about world peace. Heck, my brain was so powerful I could set the timer on my VCR !