My Jboss server is not starting in eclipse. It throws the following error and stops.
error: Server JBoss v4.2 at localhost was unable to start within 400 seconds. If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the server editor.
I'm using jboss-4.2.2.GA and eclipse3.4 ganymede. My Os is Windows XP
1) Did you change the ports that JBoss AS is using?
2) Have you secured the JMX invoker?
(Eclipse uses the JNDI and JMX ports to communicate with JBoss AS to determine if it has started.)
3) If you run JBoss AS manually, does it start correctly?
4) Did JBoss AS actually start within Eclipse? You can test this by opening a browser and entering http://localhost:8080 (assuming you didn't change the http port)
Restart the server, and i am sure this time you wont get that error.
I rather doubt that. Unless Harshani is deploying several very complex apps, or is running an a very underpowered machine, 400 seconds should be more than enough time for JBoss AS to start up, so increasing the start time limit will only delay the display of the error message.
I am using Jboss_4_2_0_GA and Eclpise 3.4. I am problem related to Starting of Jboss through Eclipse. When i start Jboss through Eclipse, server starts up and runs fine.
09:51:02,280 INFO [Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-127.0.0.1-8080
09:51:02,295 INFO [AjpProtocol] Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-127.0.0.1-8009
09:51:02,311 INFO [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.2.0.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_0_GA date=200705111440)] Started in 35s:356ms
But in the Progress view(of eclipse), it will showing "Starting Jboss..". I kept the value as 85000 for Jboss Startup time. When i stop jboss, a alert mesage will prompt as "Jboss failed to start".
Please help me in solving this. How do eclipse will come to know that status of Jboss as started or starting?
Please answer the first three questions I asked Harshani (you already answered question 4).
Also answer these:
5) Did you install JBoss Tools?
6) How did you create the JBoss AS server within Eclipse? Specifically, on the Define A New Server dialog, which entry did you select? Was it "JBoss | JBos v4.2" or some other entry?
By the way, you really should have asked this is a new topic rather than appending to this one.