Just thought of writing down the EJB roles and their highlights:
(1) Enterprise Bean Provider - provides ejb-jar files with bean implementations, application domain expert
(2) Application Assembler - ejb-jar files with application assebmly instructions, domain expert, works with bean annotations or xml metadata
(3) Deployer - deployes the ejb-jar files to an operational environment, resolve external bean dependencies,
(4) EJB Service Provider - trasnaction management, distributed object, low level system services
(5) EJB Container Provider - deployment tools for deployment, run time support for the enterprise beans, expertise in system level programming
(6) Persistence Provider - OR mapping, Query processing & Caching
(7) System Administrator - admin & configuration of the system, network infrastructure of the environment in which the beans are deployed
Please add or correct me in case I have missed out something here.
SCJP 1.4, SCWCD 1.4 - Hints for you, Certified Scrum Master
Did a rm -R / to find out that I lost my entire Linux installation!