• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Searching uploaded file  RSS feed

 
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 833
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Respected Sir/Madam,

I am working on Recruitment Management System. The requirement is;
1. user will provide some basic information that'll be inserted into db and will upload CV.
2. The Admin will search the records with the condition that admin should be able to search the keywords inside the uploaded files as well as database

Any suggestion please

Thanks & best regards
 
Rob Spoor
Sheriff
Posts: 21095
85
Chrome Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What format do the uploaded files have? Plain text, MS Word, RTF, PDF, ???
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you're writing something that's going to generate phone calls to me based on keywords, please be very, very careful in how you actually implement this.

For example, I used to write device drivers, including Novell NetWare drivers. So I get phone calls, from time to time, for NetWare administration positions. This, of course, is a ridiculous "match", and I generally respond angrily.
 
Paul Clapham
Sheriff
Posts: 22521
43
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Are you asking about how to design the system? Or is somebody else going to do that, and tell you what code to write?
 
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 833
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul Clapham wrote:Are you asking about how to design the system? Or is somebody else going to do that, and tell you what code to write?

Sorry for the late reply

This is my university project and I have to do the whole things. I am very confused because querin db is very easy but querying the uploaded word or pdf files.....??

Best Regards
 
Ulf Dittmer
Rancher
Posts: 42972
73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rob Prime wrote:What format do the uploaded files have? Plain text, MS Word, RTF, PDF, ???
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Search for a library that will let you access the various file formats you need to upload, like Apache Tika, which aggregates several other libraries and provides a unified interface.
 
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 833
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ulf Dittmer wrote:
Rob Prime wrote:What format do the uploaded files have? Plain text, MS Word, RTF, PDF, ???

mostly word and pdf

Best Wishes
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
My answer still stands; use something like Tika to extract data, and index with something like Lucene.
 
Farakh khan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 833
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
David Newton wrote:My answer still stands; use something like Tika to extract data, and index with something like Lucene.


Thanks for your reply

I am working on it and will let you know the progress

Best Regards
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!