I don't know if this is the right forum.I wish to implement the token ring algorithm for mobile hosts.I have information as below for the algorithm.
A fundamental algorithm in distributed systems consists of circulating a token amongst participants in a logical ring. Each participant executes as follows:
– wait receipt of token from its predecessor in the ring;
– enter <critical region>, if desired;
– send token to its successor in the ring.
The algorithm trivially satisfies two important properties:
(1) mutual exclusion is trivially guaranteed to the current holder of the token
(2) it allows fair access to the token by allowing each participant to access the token atmost once in one traversal of the ring.
Now this is the first algorithm i am attempting in java , till now i have theoretical knowledge.
Ranchers , can you please help me in getting to the starting point from which i can begin??