Win a copy of Fixing your Scrum this week in the Agile forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Rob Spoor
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Tim Cooke
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Piet Souris
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Frits Walraven
  • Himai Minh

about code memorization.

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 111
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello everyone,
I have a little problem. I think, i understand java core programming and jee coding also. But the problem is that, i can not remember the codes and methods also. I know, it can be improved by doing more code. But as i don't work professionally with java, jee so, it's a little bit tough for me to do so much code.

My question is, Can i say that i am a java expert(coz i understand the codes clearly.)?

Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks
codeperl
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1183
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Understanding code does not make you a java expert. Years and years of developing experience eventually does.

If you don't work professionally I would suggest you to join or start an open source project so you can gain more experience.
 
Mohammad Ashrafuddin Ferdousi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 111
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Sebastian Janisch wrote:Understanding code does not make you a java expert. Years and years of developing experience eventually does.

If you don't work professionally I would suggest you to join or start an open source project so you can gain more experience.



Thanks for your response, sir. I am going to start a project recently on java. So, what will be the best option to be an expert? Core jee coding or use some frameworks?
 
Sebastian Janisch
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1183
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Gaining experience. You can read 55 books about various frameworks but that does not make you an expert.

When you actually develop software you will in the process come along many issues that need to be solved and that process is what eventually makes you become more and more experienced.
 
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'd also caution that focusing entirely on Java might make you a Java "expert", but at least personally, that's not what I look for in a developer. In fact, I think focusing only on Java is likely to make you a *poor* developer, because you're exposed to a limited number of programming paradigms.
 
Mohammad Ashrafuddin Ferdousi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 111
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Sebastian Janisch wrote:Gaining experience. You can read 55 books about various frameworks but that does not make you an expert.

When you actually develop software you will in the process come along many issues that need to be solved and that process is what eventually makes you become more and more experienced.



Sir,
Thanks for your kind response. I have a question. Can you please answer? Is it important to remember the method name, class name or package name when i do coding? Is it the must? or it is enough that, when i start coding, i know that what to do, how to use documentation, how to search the information on web and how to implement these resources.

Please answer the question.

Regards
codeperl
 
Mohammad Ashrafuddin Ferdousi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 111
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

David Newton wrote:In fact, I think focusing only on Java is likely to make you a *poor* developer, because you're exposed to a limited number of programming paradigms.



Then what should make me a better developer on java or web development technology? can you please explain? I will be very much oblige to you.

Thanks
codeperl
 
David Newton
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm not sure what else I can say--as I said, I think focusing solely on Java technologies makes for a very narrow-minded developer. If you already know Java, why focus more on it? Broaden your horizons. Learning another language will make you a better Java developer--and there are plenty of JVM languages to choose from if you want to stay in the Java ecosystem.
 
Mohammad Ashrafuddin Ferdousi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 111
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

David Newton wrote:I'm not sure what else I can say--as I said, I think focusing solely on Java technologies makes for a very narrow-minded developer. If you already know Java, why focus more on it? Broaden your horizons. Learning another language will make you a better Java developer--and there are plenty of JVM languages to choose from if you want to stay in the Java ecosystem.



Sir,
Thanks for your response again. I want to share something with you, if you do not mind. I was a php developer previously. I am a fan of java. Now, what i found on real life projects is that, the developer always can faces some new problem when he/she/they going to develop or start a new project. That problem sometimes depends on tools also. If i have a lot of experience on java, i can solve it easily. So, i think, we can focus on the tools, problem solving skills etc.

Anyway, It's just for sharing my opinion, please do not mind for it. I am completely agree with you.

So, what you think about other languages? what languages(on priority base and of course, related with jvm) are the most demandable and most expensive development tools on international market. Can you please share?


Regards
codeperl
 
David Newton
Author
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Mohammad Ashrafuddin Ferdousi wrote:So, what you think about other languages? what languages(on priority base and of course, related with jvm) are the most demandable and most expensive development tools on international market. Can you please share?


You're missing my point. It's not just about making yourself "marketable". It's about making yourself a better developer (which is, coincidentally, marketable). What JVM languages are there? While a trivial web search will return you an extensive list, in no particular order the most popular are Groovy, JRuby, Scala, and Clojure. Each has benefits and drawbacks. Each will expose you to different ways of doing things (if you program them idiomatically, you could make any of them just as limited as Java without much effort).
 
Marshal
Posts: 22389
121
Eclipse IDE Spring VI Editor Chrome Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Mohammad Ashrafuddin Ferdousi wrote:coz


Please UseRealWords.
 
Tomorrow is the first day of the new metric calendar. Comfort me tiny ad:
the value of filler advertising in 2021
https://coderanch.com/t/730886/filler-advertising
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic