Win a copy of Functional Reactive Programming this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Web Service doesn't read my parameter

 
Alex Parvan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 115
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I try to send a String to my Web Service and then print it. It always prints "null". I'm developing wsdl-first using Metro.

WSDL:


And this is the SOAP message being sent over:

If i want to get something from the WS, it works. Something like getString.

I really really really need help with this.
Thank you in advance,
Alex.
 
Alex Parvan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 115
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Update:

This is the SOAP i recieve when using a get method:

If i change <return> to something else, i have the exact problem like when uploading. Is there a tag needed to contain the request too ?

PLEASE help
 
Ivan Krizsan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2198
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi!
What kind of client are you using?
Have you tried to use soapUI to send requests to the web service and examine the result?
If using soapUI does not work, then there is a problem with your web service.
If soapUI does work, but your client does not work, then the problem is most likely to be the client.
Best wishes!
 
Alex Parvan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 115
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you Ivan for your help.

I found my problem, for some reason, i have to write all elements inside a schema and import that.

And now it's working.
 
Mattias Sands�ter
Greenhorn
Posts: 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Ivan Krizsan wrote:Hi!
What kind of client are you using?
Have you tried to use soapUI to send requests to the web service and examine the result?
If using soapUI does not work, then there is a problem with your web service.
If soapUI does work, but your client does not work, then the problem is most likely to be the client.
Best wishes!


Hi.

I tried soapUI with my small "learning-project". It is able to send a request, and it gets a response (the same works with my java me client). But just as described in this thread, when it reaches the server, the arguments are somehow lost.

My wsdl looks like

 
Ivan Krizsan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2198
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi!
Alex Parvan wrote:I found my problem, for some reason, i have to write all elements inside a schema and import that.

Thanks for sharing this. However, to me, it sounds strange - you should not have to do that. It should be possible to declare the message types in the <types> element of the WSDL.
An advice when writing a WSDL by hand is to use the WS-I Compliance Check tool to verify the correctness of the WSDL a step further than basic XML validation is able to do. Instructions here: http://www.soapui.org/userguide/tools/wsi.html
Best wishes!
 
Ivan Krizsan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2198
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi!
Mattias Sands�ter wrote:
I tried soapUI with my small "learning-project". It is able to send a request, and it gets a response (the same works with my java me client). But just as described in this thread, when it reaches the server, the arguments are somehow lost.

Please do not hijack threads - you have already posted this question in another thread and once is enough.
Best wishes!
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic