The first time I deploy, when I enter the url of my website (let's say : www.mysite.com) on my web browser, it takes me the tomcat manager application.
the next time when I stop/start tomcat, www.mysite.com goes to my application.
This is the scenario from beginning :
- stop tomcat
- delete mysite.war , delete mysite directory (under webapps)
- scp the new version of mysite.war from my pc to the server (under webapps)
- start tomcat
- tape : www.mysite.com ----------> it goes to the manager application of tomcat.
- stop/start tomcat
- tape : www.mysite.com ----------> OK it show up my site.
- any stop/start : no problems www.mysite.com shows my site.
My solution is : whenever you want to run multiple application with tomcat and you want to access each application without its name at the end of URL, then you must put each app in its folder under CATALINA_BASE and rename it to ROOT.