This week's book giveaway is in the Agile and Other Processes forum. We're giving away four copies of Darcy DeClute's Scrum Master Certification Guide: The Definitive Resource for Passing the CSM and PSM Exams and have Darcy DeClute on-line! See this thread for details.
Great Indian Developer Summit 2010 – India's Biggest Polyglot Conference and Workshops for IT Software Professionals
Bangalore, April 9, 2010: The GIDS.Web Conference and Workshops has announced the complete program of over 30 sessions on how browser and rich web technologies such as AJAX, DHTML, Mashups, Web 2.0, Enterprise 2.0 technologies, and Rich UI technologies are making money and gaining market-share for some of the leading businesses in the world. The GIDS.Web track at Great Indian Developer Summit takes place 21 and 23 April 2010, at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore. To register or for more information visit: www.developersummit.com.
As one of the longest running independent developer conferences in India, GIDS.Web at the Great Indian Developer Summit 2010 is uniquely positioned to provide a blend of practical, pragmatic and immediately applicable knowledge and a glimpse of the future of technology. During 21 and 23 April 2010, GIDS.Web offers a multi-track conference, workshops, expo show floor, and networking opportunities.
The first keynote at GIDS.Web is led by the leading Java EE and Ajax developer, speaker, and author Marty Hall. The best of India's Java and RIA programmers have learnt the subject from Marty's seminal books Core Servlets and JavaServer Pages (first and second editions), More Servlets and JavaServer Pages, and Core Web Programming (first and second editions) from Prentice Hall and Sun Microsystems Press. Marty's keynote address is a comparison of approaches to building rich Internet applications with Ajax.
The second keynote by the head of Adobe's Flash initiative in India, Ramesh Srinivasaraghavan, explores the state of art in web application development and identify trends that could transform the way we create and use web applications. The talk explains how the Adobe Flash Platform has fuelled this revolution with an integrated set of technologies for delivering the most compelling applications, content and video to the widest possible audience. The Director of Forum Nokia will explain how cloud computing coupled with mobile applications enable consumers to have access to powerful services and improved user experiences never before thought possible. IEEE's 2010 President-Elect Sorel Reisman's afternoon address steps to improve the IT profession in India.
Featured talks at GID.Web also include:
* Web 2.0 Checklist - Deconstructing Modern Websites, Scott Davis
* Lizard Brain Web Design, Scott Davis
* Effective Design Processes and Resources for Mobile Web Development, Arabella David
* NoSQL: The Shift to a Non-relational World, Nosh Petigara
* Open Source Web Debugging Tools, Matthew McCullough
* Building Line of Business Applications with Silverlight 4.0, Stephen Forte
* Hadoop - Divide and Conquer, Matthew McCullough
* Adobe Flash Catalyst for Agile Interaction Design, Harish Sivaramakrishnan
* Using jQuery and AJAX to Build Front-ends for ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC, Pandurang Nayak
* First Steps to IT Heaven Through the Cloud. Part II: .WEB, Simone Brunozzi
* Building Rich Internet Applications with SL RIA Web Services, Pandurang Nayak
* Enriching Cloud Applications with Adobe Flash Platform, Ramesh Srinivasaraghavan
* Payments for the Web.future, Khurram Khan and Praveen Alavilli
* Longevity of Scalable Systems, Nishad Kamat
* Transform yourself into a Mobile App Developer Using Web Run Time, Balagopal K S
* Developing Multi Screen Applications on Adobe Flash Platform, Hemanth Sharma
* Why Harmony and For Whom?, Himanshu Goyal
* IIS Hosting Solution for ASP.net and PHP Web Sites, Nahas Mohammed
* Building Pluggable Web applications using Django, Lakshman Prasad
* Workshop: The 180-min AJAX and JSON Spike Class, Scott Davis
* Workshop: Essence of Functional Programming, Venkat Subramaniam
* Workshop: Agile Development, Tools, and Teams and Scrum Certification, Stephen Forte
* Workshop: PHP + Adobe Flex = Killer RIA, Shyamprasad P
* Workshop: Cloud Computing Boot Camp on the Google App Engine, Matthew McCullough
* Workshop: Building Data Centric Applications using Adobe Flex and Java, Prashant Singh
* Workshop: Building Your First Amazon App, Simone Brunozzi
* Workshop: Windows Azure Deep Dive, Ramaprasanna Chellamuthu
* Workshop: Monetizing your Apps with PayPal X Payments Platform, Khurram Khan, Praveen Alavilli
* Workshop: User Expereince Evaluation Model Walkthrough, Sanna Häiväläinen
Sponsors of Great Indian Developer Summit 2010 include: Platinum sponsors Microsoft, Oracle Forum Nokia and Adobe; Gold sponsors Intel and SAP; Silver sponsors Quest Software, PayPal, Telerik and AMT.
To learn more about the 2010 Great Indian Developer Summit or register visit: www.developersummit.com
About Great Indian Developer Summit
Great Indian Developer Summit is the gold standard for India's software developer ecosystem for gaining exposure to and evaluating new projects, tools, services, platforms, languages, software and standards. Packed with premium knowledge, action plans and advise from been-there-done-it veterans, creators, and visionaries, the 2010 edition of Great Indian Developer Summit features focused sessions, case studies, workshops and power panels that will transform you into a force to reckon with. Featuring 3 co-located conferences: GIDS.NET, GIDS.Web, GIDS.Java and an exclusive day of in-depth tutorials - GIDS.Workshops, from 20 April to 24 April at the IISc campus in Bangalore.
At GIDS you'll participate in hundreds of sessions encompassing the full range of Microsoft computing, Java, Agile, RIA, Rich Web, open source/standards, languages, frameworks and platforms, practical tutorials that deep dive into technical skill and best practices, inspirational keynote presentations, an Expo Hall featuring dozens of the latest projects and products activities, engaging networking events, and the interact with the best and brightest of speakers from around the world.