I have developed a web application using Spring security, and I have configured to use LDAP as an authentication mechanism, and I've also configured it against our internal Active Directory, all well so far.
Now our customer who wants to install our web application wants to use Novell LDAP and more specifically ldaps instead of ldap. (and port 636 instead of 389).
I have received a file with extension DER that they say I have to import into a truststore so that the communication can succeed.
Does anyone knows the steps needed in order to do this?
1. Can I use keytool in some way in order to import the DER (certificate?!) into a truststore? I've also read about PEM..do I have to turn the DER into a PEM before it can be imported into a truststore? Any links with more information about this?
2. Do I have to configure the server.xml and add a Connector in order to achieve this? Will I have then have to use port 636 there?
3. Do I need a keystore as well?
4. Am I approaching this totally wrong?
- Spring Security 2.0.5.RELEASE
- Novell LDAP (unsure of the version here)
- A DER certificate received from customer that they tell me I have to use in order to have a successful communication with the Novell LDAP server
- JBoss 4.2.2.GA