• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Paul Clapham
Sheriffs:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Knute Snortum
  • Bear Bibeault
Saloon Keepers:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Piet Souris
  • Ganesh Patekar
Bartenders:
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown
  • Tim Holloway

Data source name not found

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 49
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I ran this program to check the connection between my tomcat and JDBC
as i was having some problems in my web application..

result is
Good till now
SQLException is this: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified SQLState : IM002 VendorError: 0
Hello World. Sun... 1.4
can someone explain what to do??
 
Bartender
Posts: 4100
63
Hibernate Fedora Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator


What driver are you using? And did you check the correct URL for your for the DB in the documentation?
 
Marshal
Posts: 6334
1096
IntelliJ IDE jQuery Eclipse IDE Postgres Database Tomcat Server Chrome Google App Engine
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
moving to JDBC forum.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 56
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
No, I don't think there's any mistake with the URL. There is problem of system configuration definitely.
I have kept a working code along with configuration here:

http://jainhim.blogspot.com/2010/04/jdbc.html
http://jainhim.blogspot.com/2010/04/configuration-for-jdbc.html

Hope it helped..
Would like to help if still any problem exists.
Also, check your configuration for jdbc if you're using windows.
 
ankur tyagi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 49
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
the connection with jdbc was working fine when called from a class..
the problem started only when i started servlet.
previously a servlet was calling a class that had the code to get data from database but because of the problem
i tried putting all the code in the servlet only...
but still there is problem..
help
 
Bartender
Posts: 2653
18
Netbeans IDE C++ Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
1: check if you made a system data source, not a user data source
2: switch to Oracle jdbc driver. I don't reccomend using the jdbcodbc driver to connect to Oracle.
 
ankur tyagi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 49
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
problem is solved ..
i was using user dsn but after creating a system dsn , its working
thanks every one...
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!