Granny's Programming Pearls
"inside of every large program is a small program struggling to get out"
JavaRanch.com/granny.jsp
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

SCJP1.5 scored 98%

 
Bipin Jethwani
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks to JavaRanch for creating that list of freely available online mock tests and Kathy.Sirrea book was very helpfull, plus Bruce.Eckel.Thinking.In.Java.4th.Edition. Kudos to these two authors., they are the best. I was able to complete the test with only 2-3 weeks of preparation.


I prepared a set of notes for each topic in SCJP1.5(carrying crux points and carrying only very important set of questions) , not sure where I can post it. Am thinking of a small web application on Google App Engine. Any comments???

Next am planning to start for SCDJWS. Anyone got any comment on this???
 
Bipin Jethwani
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
One question.....Do we get a printed copy of the certificate???
I had a bad experience with IBM XML certification...wherein they just provided a soft copy of the certificate and rather asked me to take a print myself :-/
 
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 4675
325
Chrome Eclipse IDE Google App Engine IntelliJ IDE jQuery Postgres Database Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations Bipin,

Bipin Jethwani wrote:One question.....Do we get a printed copy of the certificate?

Yes!
 
Sergio Rodrigo
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand
Posts: 10124
3
Eclipse IDE Mac PPC Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats!
 
Larry Chung
Ranch Hand
Posts: 247
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Very nice score, Bipin! Congratulations on your accomplishment.

By tomorrow or mid-week you should receive 2 e-mails from Sun. One e-mail will give you your Sun Certification ID and have information on how to register for the Certification Database. If you do not get that e-mail, send a message to suncert_ww@oracle.com to ask about it.

Two to three weeks (or longer if you are not in the U.S.) after you register into the Certificate Database, you will receive in the postal mail a welcome kit containing your SCJP certificate and a small Sun Certified Professional ID card. Your score is not printed on them. If you do not get that package then send a message to suncert_ww@oracle.com to ask about it.
 
lakshmanan anand
Greenhorn
Posts: 22
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hey, awesome score. Congrats.

I am going to write SCJP1.6 this weekend and it will be helpful if you post your notes anywhere on the web.

thanks
 
Rafal Wasielewski
Ranch Hand
Posts: 372
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
Vinod Tiwari
Ranch Hand
Posts: 466
1
IntelliJ IDE Java Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
Bipin Jethwani
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Larry Chung wrote:Very nice score, Bipin! Congratulations on your accomplishment.

By tomorrow or mid-week you should receive 2 e-mails from Sun. One e-mail will give you your Sun Certification ID and have information on how to register for the Certification Database. If you do not get that e-mail, send a message to suncert_ww@oracle.com to ask about it.

Two to three weeks (or longer if you are not in the U.S.) after you register into the Certificate Database, you will receive in the postal mail a welcome kit containing your SCJP certificate and a small Sun Certified Professional ID card. Your score is not printed on them. If you do not get that package then send a message to suncert_ww@oracle.com to ask about it.




Thanks Larry, That was really helpful, and got the emails exactly the way you said :-)
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3776
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations!!!
 
Larry Chung
Ranch Hand
Posts: 247
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bipin Jethwani wrote:Thanks Larry, That was really helpful, and got the emails exactly the way you said :-)


I appreciate the feedback Bipin. Congratulations!

 
Roberto Perillo
Bartender
Posts: 2271
3
Eclipse IDE Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats, champion!
 
ashtemp hshetty
Greenhorn
Posts: 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Excellent score. Acttually i have exam this monthend. If you could share the notes really it will be helpful for me. Hope you wont mind to share. you can send me to anitha_hs@hotmail.com.



Thankyou,
 
Gaurav Kshatriya
Ranch Hand
Posts: 33
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats Bipin

Please send me the notes you prepared by mail or post them anywhere and tell me. It would be really very very helpful for all of us who are preparing. Thanks in advance.
 
ishani sharma
Greenhorn
Posts: 17
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
congrats Bipin


i am attempting certification for the very first time...i shall be very thankful 2 you if you could send me your notes somewhere over the web
 
Vijitha Kumara
Bartender
Pie
Posts: 3918
10
Chrome Fedora Hibernate
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations

And Welcome to JavaRanch Ishani
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic