• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

session issue

 
Swati Jha
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello ranchers,

Offlate i have been experincing a very unqiue issue with application.
My application unable to retreive data from session and hence getting NullPointerException.
This is happening only with InternetExplorer.....But the same works fine with Mozilla firefox ,Google chorme etc..

Is there any session related session which needs to be configured...for InternetExplorer....or some other issue...

Any help will be appreciated.....
 
Nilesh Miskin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Check in your browser settings if cookies are disabled. If so, enable cookies & try once again. You may want to reset the settings in Internet Explorer to 'default' & try running your web-app. If this doesn't work as expected, post your code here so that we can have a look.
 
Swati Jha
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi Nilesh,

Did the changes in Internet explorer as per your reply.But still getting the same issue.

Attaching my code.JSP Page





 
Nilesh Miskin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The part of code that retrieves the userId looks OK to me. I didn't bother to take a look at the rest of the code.
To know why, please read this.
 
Swati Jha
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nilesh,

browser settings if cookies are disabled


how can we do this in IE ?
 
Nilesh Miskin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
For IE 6:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy (Advanced)
Here check if your browser is configured to accept first party &/or third party session cookies.
Try this with a small, simple demo before coming to a conclusion.
 
Devaka Cooray
Marshal
Posts: 5158
480
Chrome Eclipse IDE Google App Engine IntelliJ IDE jQuery Postgres Database Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Swati, please IsolateTheProblem
 
Deepak Pant
Ranch Hand
Posts: 446
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If the browser settings are disabled then you can enable the URL Rewriting setting in your servlet engine. What web/app server are you using?
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nilesh Miskin wrote:The part of code that retrieves the userId looks OK to me. I didn't bother to take a look at the rest of the code.
To know why, please read this.

That actually refers to writing code, not reading it.
 
David Newton
Author
Rancher
Posts: 12617
IntelliJ IDE Ruby
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
@Swati: that's 1100+ lines of code to look at--as others have mentioned, it's important to IsolateTheProblem, include only the code necessary to show what's going wrong (for example, if this has anything to do with HTML, it'd only be a line or two), and make sure it's formatted (including keeping line length reasonable, so we don't have to scroll a couple of screens to the right) and nothing unnecessary is included.

There is no excuse for sloppily-formatted code or methods like authUser.
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!