Granny's Programming Pearls
"inside of every large program is a small program struggling to get out"
JavaRanch.com/granny.jsp
Win a copy of Programmer's Guide to Java SE 8 Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) this week in the OCAJP forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

primary resource for SCDJWS.

 
M Serentia
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I'm going to start the prepration of SCDJWS exam therefore i would like to ask which book I should purchase to start the prepration I've also checked the ScdjwsLinks and other forums posts and found that this book is good??

I know only 1 book is not enough to get prepared for exam? but actually am looking for some primary resource to start with?

Please help me I've already some experience to develop web services using spring & axis2 framework on tomcat5 web server.


Regards

MS
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3364
10
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I would suggest you to get these 2 books:

1. J2EE Web Services by RMH

2. Java Web Services: Up and Running by Martin Kalin

HTH,
MZ
 
M Serentia
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hey MZ,

Thank you so much for your quick replay I really appreciate it
furthermore, do you mean i should start with book 1? and after finish i should read book2? actually I need a plan but unfortunately still unable to figure out that how the things gonna work!

Kind Regards
MS
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3364
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yes, you can read the books in the mentioned order.

The RMH book provides good base knowledge (XML, schemas, namespaces, WS-I BP,...), while the second book covers JAX-WS.

MZ
 
M Serentia
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hmmm...feeling better now ;-)
thank you again...hope to stay in touch through out my journey to SCDJWS
one last question? should i spend 6months on this along with my job(my java-buddies recommend me)? i did SCJP and SCWCD recently i spent 3months on SCJP and 2months on SCWCD...

Kind Regards
MS
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3364
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hmm... Not sure I uderstand your question.
Sure, you can keep working on your current job and spend spare time to prepare for SCDJWS 5.
It could take 3...4 months. I would recommend you not to delay too much, because Oracle seems decided to update exams to JEE6. Currently SCWCD and SCBCD are in beta for JEE6.

regards,
MZ
 
M Serentia
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mikalai Zaikin wrote:I would recommend you not to delay too much, because Oracle seems decided to update exams to JEE6. Currently SCWCD and SCBCD are in beta for JEE6.


Really!!
I never knew that? what do you think the changes can occur within six months or so?


Thanks Again.

MS

 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3364
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
M Serentia wrote:
Mikalai Zaikin wrote:I would recommend you not to delay too much, because Oracle seems decided to update exams to JEE6. Currently SCWCD and SCBCD are in beta for JEE6.


Really!!
I never knew that? what do you think the changes can occur within six months or so?

Thanks Again.

MS


Howdy !

Sorry, I can't tell for sure. There was already announcement of new SCDJWS 6 exam (CX-310-232), but there is no any date. It can be tomorrow, or it can be 6 months.

http://in.sun.com/training/catalog/java/websvcs.xml

Best regards,
MZ
 
M Serentia
Greenhorn
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mikalai Zaikin wrote:
M Serentia wrote:
Mikalai Zaikin wrote:I would recommend you not to delay too much, because Oracle seems decided to update exams to JEE6. Currently SCWCD and SCBCD are in beta for JEE6.


Really!!
I never knew that? what do you think the changes can occur within six months or so?

Thanks Again.

MS


Howdy !

Sorry, I can't tell for sure. There was already announcement of new SCDJWS 6 exam (CX-310-232), but there is no any date. It can be tomorrow, or it can be 6 months.

http://in.sun.com/training/catalog/java/websvcs.xml

Best regards,
MZ


Oh god this really demotivates
Well again thank you so much for your help and quick reply, I really appreciate it.

Regards
MS
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3364
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Howdy !

Don't get frustrated. Normally beta lasts for 1.5..2 months, then there is about 11 weeks period to evaluate the results, only after that the test goes to production. So, you have plenty of time to finish SCDJWS 5.0. NOTE: SCDJWS 6.0 was announced (quite a long ago), but beta not yet started.

Best regards,
MZ
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic