• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Paul Clapham
Sheriffs:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • fred rosenberger
  • salvin francis
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown

setting namespaces in SOAP request payload from a java client

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 66
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
All - I currently have to write a java client which consumes a RPC web service.

I did use the SOAPUI utility to verify the web service and I am able to see the response from the web service. But only when i pass the SOAP request and all the containing elements in the body contain namespace qualified attributes something like this

<com:testOperation>
<testInputObject xsi:type="ns1:com_example_app_model_TestInput" xmlns:ns1="http://com.example.app.facade/TestWebService1.xsd">;
<scoreDto xsi:type="ns1:com_example_app_model_ScoreInput">
<requestType xsi:type="xsd:string">N</requestType>


If I don't provide the namespace attributes I run into "No Deserializer found error"

For the java web service client I am using generated stubs. How can I set the namespace attributes for each and every element I pass in the java equivalent of the SOAP request payload.

Do let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
 
Udayan Kumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 66
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Can someone respond.

The WSDL we have created in this scenario is a combinations of the WSDL's from two other web services. Is there a way where in we can provide an instruction to suppress the need for namespace in SOAP payloads or to automatically set the namespace attributes in the SOAP payloads.

When I use the underlying web service WSDL directly to generate the w/service client stubs and use the same from the java front end apps it seems to be generating the SOAP request payloads correctly.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 98
MyEclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Udayan Kumar wrote:Can someone respond.

The WSDL we have created in this scenario is a combinations of the WSDL's from two other web services. Is there a way where in we can provide an instruction to suppress the need for namespace in SOAP payloads or to automatically set the namespace attributes in the SOAP payloads.

When I use the underlying web service WSDL directly to generate the w/service client stubs and use the same from the java front end apps it seems to be generating the SOAP request payloads correctly.



Hi Uday,

As far as I understood the problem, the appending of namespaces to each element and attribute in the SOAPUI project is because of these two atttributes
attributeFormDefault="qualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" mentioned in your WSDL or XSD.
To make them unqualified try setting attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="unqualified" in your schema definition.
Validate your WSDL,build the soapUI project and test again.

2.While calling the webservice provider from client using the Stub , The JAX-RPC or JAX-WS depending on the webservice stack you are using will take care of building the SOAP request for you with or without namspaces .


Aruna.




 
Time is mother nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once. And this is a tiny ad:
Thread Boost feature
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic