Win a copy of Functional Reactive Programming this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

JSF 1.1 and Tomcat 6

 
Chris Ma
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,

I don't know if this issue was already discussed, but I'm porting my application from Tomcat 5.5.25 to Tomcat 6.0.26 and I'm using JSF 1.1.
I encountered problems when receiving events for Tree element. The return value for getSelected() method of Tree object is null. I tried to use other get methods from Tree class and all return null: getSubmittedValue(), getCookieSelectedTreeNode().
Did anyone encounter this problem?
Do you know if are there any incompatibility issues between Tomcat 6 and JSF1.1?

Thank you.
 
Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 18303
56
Android Eclipse IDE Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Welcome to the JavaRanch, Chris!

Most likely you've got an el-impl.jar in your WAR. It was required for Tomcat 5.5, but it's now integrated into the libs directory in Tomcat6. That's the same libs directory that replaced the 3 separate libs directories in Tomcat 5 and earlier.

If you remove that jar from your WAR, it will probably work.
 
navdeep thakur
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
Google App Engine Java Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Guys,

i have a web application "MF" which was developed with:

1. JSF 1.1
2. MyFaces 1.1.4
3. XML Digester
5. JDK 5
6. Tomcat 5.5.26

Now, I have upgraded my system to Tomcat 6.0.29 and JDK 6, because of another application which is developed with RichFaces 3.3.3, JSF 1.2.

I am trying to deploy "MF" on the new environment i.e. Tomcat 6.0.29 and JDK 6.


I faced following error..

Tomcat Console Logs..



Here is my Web.xml




Even I also tried to upgrade JSF, Myfaces version, but still no luck so far.

Do you guys have any idea?

-
Navdeep
 
Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 18303
56
Android Eclipse IDE Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It appears you have a custom security module implemented as a servlet filter. Or, more accurately, the web.xml file refers to one. But that class doesn't appear to be present in your WAR.

It's likely that someone had installed it in one of the Tomcat5 library directories and it wasn't copied into the Tomcat 6 library directory.

I wouldn't expect that there would be a problem if you did that, but one of the major differences between Tomcat6 and Tomcat6 is the elimination of the 3-library setup in favor of a single library, so I'd check the vendor documentation to see if there are any issues.
 
navdeep thakur
Greenhorn
Posts: 18
Google App Engine Java Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Tim,

thanks for quick reply.

Well I am facing the same error while deploying this project on My Eclipse.

And that com.gracenote.messaging.auth.UserAuthenticationFilter exist in the appropriate package.

I have done most of the possible tried, but didnt resolved.
 
Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 18303
56
Android Eclipse IDE Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If MyEclipse is doing anything like what gets done by Eclipse WTP - or worse yet, if MyEclipse uses WTP, it may not be pulling in everything you think it is.

That's why I hate WTP. Unlike the sysdeo plugin, WTP doesn't simply use Tomcat "as is". It selectively pulls parts of Tomcat in while ignoring other parts. Sometimes those ignored parts are important.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic