This week's book giveaway is in the Performance forum.
We're giving away four copies of The Java Performance Companion and have Charlie Hunt, Monica Beckwith, Poonam Parhar, & Bengt Rutisson on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of The Java Performance Companion this week in the Performance forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Dependencies required for Spring AOP

 
Karnati Sudhakar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 270
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I was trying to execute the examples given in Spring in Action third edition book. But i got errors like classNotFoundException..

I don't remember the exact errors..

Can any one please tell me on what entries i should have in my POM.XML to make spring aop work?

 
Sumeet H Singh
Greenhorn
Posts: 29
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Sudharkar,

Can you please post the code that you are trying to run...
Would be able to help you better by having a look at it.

--
Sumeet
SCJP, SCWCD
 
Karnati Sudhakar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 270
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sumeet H Singh wrote:

Can you please post the code that you are trying to run...



I wish i could do that..but i tried code at home,which i dont have now..

I am pretty sure that it is some thing related to jars...

Please post your dependencies in pom.xml...
 
Christophe Verré
Sheriff
Posts: 14691
16
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Personally, I was not using pom.xml when I made samples for that book. If you know which class is missing, you can easily find out which jar it's in by googling it, or by searching it in the Maven Repository.
 
Sumeet H Singh
Greenhorn
Posts: 29
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sorry dude,
Haven't used Maven..
Have used c3p0..

--
Sumeet
SCJP, SCWCD
 
Christophe Verré
Sheriff
Posts: 14691
16
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sumeet H Singh wrote:
Haven't used Maven..
Have used c3p0..

What has c3p0 to do with this ??
 
Karnati Sudhakar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 270
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Christophe Verré wrote:Personally, I was not using pom.xml when I made samples for that book. If you know which class is missing, you can easily find out which jar it's in by googling it, or by searching it in the Maven Repository.


I dont have any experience with either ant or maven..so just trying these in my samples.

Chris,

Do you have the sample splitter application, which is explained in the book? From where can i download it..?

Thanks
Sudhakar
 
Christophe Verré
Sheriff
Posts: 14691
16
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I don't have it here. I just made the samples by following the examples of the book. If you tell us which class is not found, we can find out which jar is missing. There are good chances that you'll need :
org.springframework.aop-3.0.X.RELEASE.jar
org.springframework.asm-3.0.X.RELEASE.jar
org.springframework.aspects-3.0.X.RELEASE.jar
and maybe things like ASM and CGLIB.
 
Karnati Sudhakar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 270
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Christophe Verré wrote:I don't have it here. I just made the samples by following the examples of the book. If you tell us which class is not found, we can find out which jar is missing. There are good chances that you'll need :
org.springframework.aop-3.0.X.RELEASE.jar
org.springframework.asm-3.0.X.RELEASE.jar
org.springframework.aspects-3.0.X.RELEASE.jar
and maybe things like ASM and CGLIB.


Thanks chris for your time & replies..

Planning to complete atleast three chapters this weekend.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic