posted 6 years ago
This piece of news regarding GWT+Spring integration may be interesting.
This week Genuitec and Skyway Software released the second milestone
(M2) of MyEclipse for Spring 8.6, which includes scaffolding for GWT
applications. With this new release, our users can now generate full
ready-to-run GWT applications from a domain model (i.e. DB tables,
Java Beans, or JPA Entities).
As excited as we are about this new feature, we are eager to get
feedback from the GWT community. Some key aspects of our GWT
- The functionality is based on GWT 2.0.4 (no dependency on early
access or non-GA libraries)
- The generated code is based on current best practices (from last
year's Google I/O session with Ray Ryan and the MVP tutorials from
Chris Ramsdale) and UI Binder
- The GWT RPC services are based on Spring Services, and include
conversion of JPA objects to/from data transfer objects (DTO) that are
optimized for GWT
- The generated applications support both Spring 2.5.x and Spring 3.0
Again, we'd appreciate input and feedback from the GWT community.
Additional information and resources are as follows:
- More Details: http://bit.ly/9ydV0X
- Installer: http://bit.ly/asbbYo
- Tutorial: http://bit.ly/945fK2
- Getting Started Video (5 min): http://bit.ly/cwSawM