What is "openam"? Did you mean OpenSSO? If so, doesn't OpenSSO come with installation and usage instructions? Where, exactly, are you stuck?
posted 9 years ago
I mean OpenSSO. Now it is OpenAM. Online instructions are there but I am not able to get them clearly.
My basic questions are
do we need to use apache http server to use openam with tomcat?
what are the locations in which we need to install policy agents?
what is the difference between a web agent and j2ee policy agent?
do i need separate instances of tomcat for installing opensso and to install policy agent?
In the document instructions are following Glass Fish application server. So I am not clear how to do with tomcat.
* Log into OpenAM as amadmin
* Go into Access Control -> Realm -> Profiles -> J2EE Profiles
* Create a new Profile** Click on the ‘New’ button
o Give the Agent Profile a name (remember this, as it is important)
o Type in the password, ensuring that it is the same as was used for the password file
o Type the full URL of the OpenAM server into the Server URL field
o Type the full URL of the server hosting the agent in the Agent URL field. o Click Create
now my doubts are
1. there is another tab with name "web" along with "j2ee". access control->realms -> agents -> web in the admin console of openam. if i want to protect my web applications in tomcat , which one i need to select web or j2ee?
2. In above instructions it is asking to enter Type the full URL of the server hosting the agent in the Agent URL field.
which server and which agents it is talking about. I haven't installed any agent yet. then how can i give server name and agent url?
Then YOU must do the pig's work! Read this tiny ad. READ IT!
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop