I have finished reading and doing all the examples in "Java Servlet Programming Bible" by Suresh Rajagopalan,Ramesh Rajamani, Ramesh KrishnaSwamy and Sridhar Vijendran.
I am planning to buy HFSJ and take up SCWCD exams but got confused when I visited the Oracle site which shows there is another certification which looks latest by the number as it is Java EE 6 and SCWCD is EE5.I saw that the exam topics is the same for both except for the fees.I have certain doubts given below
1)Will HFSJ book cater for both the exams?
2)Will I get Certificate for JEE6 ?
3)Which certification is better recognised in the industry SCWCD or JEE6?
4)Should I wait for SCWCD6?
5)Should I forget about SCWCD EE5 or JEE6 and just start with HFSJ as I think I still dont have the grip on servlets
and JSP,if yes in that case are there any other book with lots of examples as I heard that HFSJ doesnt has many
1) No. HFSJ is for SCWCD5.0 (Servlets 2.4, JSP2.0).
2) You will receive a certificate for Web Component Development with Servlets & JSPs. Not for J2EE as a whole. SCWCD(Servlets, JSP) is only a part of the J2EE plateform.
3) As said in 2, don't mix up SCWCD and J2EE. There are not the same thing. SCWCD is a certification about Servlets and JSP. J2EE is a huge plateform including servlets and JSP.
4) If you're not in a hurry. Why not. But I don't know when the new exam will be out. And there probably won't have any books like HFSJ at that time.
5) Yes. You can still read HFSJ to learn about servlets and JSP. If you decide to go for the new exam, you can then look for some information about what's changed in Servlets 3.0, JSP 2.2, JSTL 1.2