• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

should I takeup SCWCD EE5 or (Servlets&JSP) JEE6

 
suresh krishna Avanthkker
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I have finished reading and doing all the examples in "Java Servlet Programming Bible" by Suresh Rajagopalan,Ramesh Rajamani, Ramesh KrishnaSwamy and Sridhar Vijendran.
I am planning to buy HFSJ and take up SCWCD exams but got confused when I visited the Oracle site which shows there is another certification which looks latest by the number as it is Java EE 6 and SCWCD is EE5.I saw that the exam topics is the same for both except for the fees.I have certain doubts given below

1)Will HFSJ book cater for both the exams?
2)Will I get Certificate for JEE6 ?
3)Which certification is better recognised in the industry SCWCD or JEE6?
4)Should I wait for SCWCD6?
5)Should I forget about SCWCD EE5 or JEE6 and just start with HFSJ as I think I still dont have the grip on servlets
and JSP,if yes in that case are there any other book with lots of examples as I heard that HFSJ doesnt has many
example programs

Regards
Suresh Avanthkker
SCJP6

 
Christophe Verré
Sheriff
Posts: 14691
16
Eclipse IDE Ubuntu VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
1) No. HFSJ is for SCWCD5.0 (Servlets 2.4, JSP2.0).
2) You will receive a certificate for Web Component Development with Servlets & JSPs. Not for J2EE as a whole. SCWCD(Servlets, JSP) is only a part of the J2EE plateform.
3) As said in 2, don't mix up SCWCD and J2EE. There are not the same thing. SCWCD is a certification about Servlets and JSP. J2EE is a huge plateform including servlets and JSP.
4) If you're not in a hurry. Why not. But I don't know when the new exam will be out. And there probably won't have any books like HFSJ at that time.
5) Yes. You can still read HFSJ to learn about servlets and JSP. If you decide to go for the new exam, you can then look for some information about what's changed in Servlets 3.0, JSP 2.2, JSTL 1.2
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3371
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Christophe Verré wrote:
4) If you're not in a hurry. Why not. But I don't know when the new exam will be out. And there probably won't have any books like HFSJ at that time.


I would guess that SCWCD6 exam will go to production in about 3 months.

On September 30th the EE6 exams beta session was closed, and results processing takes about 10 weeks.

HTH,
MZ
 
Mehdi Ben Larbi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 70
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mikalai Zaikin wrote:
I would guess that SCWCD6 exam will go to production in about 3 months.

On September 30th the EE6 exams beta session was closed, and results processing takes about 10 weeks.

HTH,
MZ


Any feedback about the exam ?
Which books should i use to prepare for it ?
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3371
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mehdi Ben Larbi wrote:
Mikalai Zaikin wrote:
I would guess that SCWCD6 exam will go to production in about 3 months.

On September 30th the EE6 exams beta session was closed, and results processing takes about 10 weeks.

HTH,
MZ


Any feedback about the exam ?
Which books should i use to prepare for it ?


The best book I would say will be Servlet 3.0 specification. At least this is what I prefer.

Best regards,
MZ
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic