This week's book giveaway is in the OCP forum. We're giving away four copies of OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 11 Developer Practice Tests and have Scott Selikoff and Jeanne Boyarsky on-line! See this thread for details.
Finally I found some time to go and take the exam... 86%, I was hoping for more, but passed means passed, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
1) HFSJ 2nd edition, went through it almost twice, once few months ago, and 2nd time last week
2) Selectively read through Servlet 2.4 specs, JSP 2.0 specs, JSTL 1.1 specs.
3) Some of Marcus Green mocks
4) Some of Java Ranch mocks
5) Some of Whizlab mocks.
The hard part is that I was needed to remember all sort of API stuff that I haven't used for years and you need to know it for the exam .
If you want to score the max do this:
1) read the book once
2) read the book 2nd time no latter than one week after and try to code everything you read, you will remember API, try various changes, check what the spec says about that particular situation.
3) review the exam answers before ENDing.