struts + hibernate confused on what type of mapping to use
posted 5 years ago
I am using struts2 + hibernate for current project.
I have a student_tab table and a registration_tab table.
1) A student record will be entered first
2) Based on the "serial_no" of the student table , i will create a registration for it in the registration_tab.
3) Student may / may not have registration
My problems is as below :
1) There is a query,edit,delete,create page for Student and Registration.
2) In student query page , only the student table will be displayed. (edit and delete students exists as links) << this is working >> 3) In registration query page, students table will be displayed ( but very less information like rollno,class etc .. ) along with the registration table (all the datas)
Here a create , edit ,delete registration link will exists << this is the part where the problem occurs >> 4) Even if there is a valid record in student table and in registration table with same "serial_no" , regninfo is always containing all null values.
When i save student object only student table should be saved and when i save registration object only registration table should be saved
What kind of mapping should i use? What will be the approach for this kind of design?