• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Paul Clapham
Sheriffs:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • fred rosenberger
  • salvin francis
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown

Opinion about study notes

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 489
2
Spring Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Ranchers

I've seen that Mikalai Ivan A Krizsan study Notes is too long !! all this is necessary even ?
Somenone here used Mikalai Zaikin study Notes ? This seems far more summarized. Anny problems with this notes ? Mikalai Zaikin Link
Regards.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1183
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fernando, the guide contains many code samples that make it a bit large. It's up to you to go through them or not.

Regards,
Dan
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 2198
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi!

Fernando Franzini wrote:I've seen that Mikalai Ivan A Krizsan study Notes is too long !! all this is necessary even ?


This depends on your motivation for taking the certification.
Some people just want to certification diploma - in this case my study notes are indeed too long.
Others want to gain solid knowledge regarding the subjects covered by the certification - in this case I would say that my study notes are too short.
Best wishes!
 
Dan Drillich
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1183
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ivan Krizsan wrote:
... in this case I would say that my study notes are too short.



It's a matter of perspective

Regards,
Dan
 
Rancher
Posts: 3645
38
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Ivan Krizsan wrote:Hi!

Fernando Franzini wrote:I've seen that Mikalai Ivan A Krizsan study Notes is too long !! all this is necessary even ?


This depends on your motivation for taking the certification.
Some people just want to certification diploma - in this case my study notes are indeed too long.
Others want to gain solid knowledge regarding the subjects covered by the certification - in this case I would say that my study notes are too short.
Best wishes!



Well said !
 
Fernando Franzini
Ranch Hand
Posts: 489
2
Spring Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Mikalai

I'm studing with your notes and I realize that is miss some topics.
I would like to ask if I could pass using your notes even with the lack of these topics ?
Regards
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Rancher
Posts: 3645
38
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Fernando Franzini wrote:Hi Mikalai

I'm studing with your notes and I realize that is miss some topics.
I would like to ask if I could pass using your notes even with the lack of these topics ?
Regards



Short answer: It depends

Long answer: Please, don't use my notes as a single study source. People get used to read one book fo SCJP or SCWCD and go to take exam. This is not the case with SCDJWS. You should refer also other notes/books for missing objectives. There is a list in SCDJWS links page: http://faq.javaranch.com/java/ScdjwsLinks
For example, most of Web Services Architecture-related topics are covered in Web Services Blueprints from Sum Microsystems (available in PDF for free).

Good luck,
MZ
 
Fernando Franzini
Ranch Hand
Posts: 489
2
Spring Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It depends ??? lolllll
If I told you that I'm just wanna take the certification and not get deeepppp knowledge ! Not now.
Could I use your notes ?
And thanks for the tips
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Rancher
Posts: 3645
38
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Fernando Franzini wrote:It depends ??? lolllll
If I told you that I'm just wanna take the certification and not get deeepppp knowledge ! Not now.
Could I use your notes ?
And thanks for the tips



If you don't have deep knowledge, you should probably start with Richard Monson-Haefel's "J2EE WebServices" book, not with any notes.
 
Fernando Franzini
Ranch Hand
Posts: 489
2
Spring Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I already read:
- J2EE Web Services: XML SOAP WSDL UDDI WS-I JAX-RPC JAXR SAAJ JAXP – Richard Monson-Haefel – Pearson.
- Designing Web Services with the J2EE 1.4 Platform - Addison-Wesley.
- Java Web Services Up and Running – Martin Kalin - O’REILLY.
- Java SOA Cookbook – Eben Hewitt - O’REILLY
Now, I'm read and memorizing your notes.
Regards
 
The longest recorded flight time of a chicken is 13 seconds. But that was done without this tiny ad:
Thread Boost feature
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic