Win a copy of 97 Things Every Java Programmer Should Know this week in the Java in General forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Henry Wong
Sheriffs:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Tim Cooke
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • salvin francis
  • fred rosenberger

Known issue with glassfish 3.1 during running webservices

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 86
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am using glassfish 3.1 to deploya webservice example from SOA Using Webservices by Mark Hansen.

I got to the part to be able to deploy the webservice, how the TestClient written to test the service is not working. Here is the exception I am getting.



Here is the code from the Client.java which executes it. As you can see issue is because it is not able to get Port definition.



Now I think the issue with jars in glassfish only since.

1. I see the webservice is running when I use it thru soapUI so there is no issue at the server side.
2. I also checked the portQName and serviceQName look ok to me.

Also while googling I came across some posts which tell me that this is a known issue with Tomcat (Link1, Link2)

I didn't come across anything which points to an issue with glassfish jars. So wanted to quickly check if someone might have come across this issue with Glassfish 3.1 as well.
 
Kamal Tripathi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 86
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
A project has been created for SOA examples which has WSDL hosted so you can refer that as well. Thanks.
 
hangman
Posts: 220
Angular Framework Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Part of the problem could very well be that when running your client program, your current JAVA_HOME is pointing to Java 6 SE, which now has a version of WebFault WITHOUT the messageName element ( see the SE version of the API here .

But the program needs the EE version of WebFault that DOES have the messageName element (see the EE version of the API here ) .

Consider trying to change your client JAVA_HOME to a 1.5 version of SE and see if it works.
 
Self destruct mode activated. Instructions for deactivation encoded in this tiny ad.
Devious Experiments for a Truly Passive Greenhouse!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulwheaton/greenhouse-1
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic