[Logo]
Forums Register Login
Oracle Selects Pearson VUE to Deliver Java, Oracle Solaris, MySQL and Other Former Sun Certification
Got this email from Oracle Certification Program:

Effective June 1, 2011, Java, Oracle Solaris, MySQL, and NetBeans certification exams will be offered exclusively through a new test delivery partner — Pearson VUE — and will no longer be available through Prometric. This will consolidate all Oracle Certification exams within the operations of a single testing vendor so we can provide better service and global testing coverage for these Oracle certification exams. Pearson VUE currently has over 5,000 test centers worldwide in 165 countries.

To help prepare you for this transition, here are some important dates for you to be aware of:

If you are currently following a certification path and are planning to take an exam on/after June 1: Registration will begin at Pearson VUE on May 16, 2011 for all scheduled exams on or after June 1. Visit pearsonvue.com/oracle on or after May 16 to create a new web account and get started.
If you are currently registered to take an exam with Prometric or planning to take an exam before June 1: You can continue to register at Prometric through May 23, 2011 (walk-in registrations will be permitted through May 31, 2011), but you must complete your exam by May 31, 2011.
If you currently have a Sun or Oracle exam voucher or exam retake voucher: All vouchers will still be valid through their original expiration date and will be redeemable with Pearson VUE starting on May 16, 2011.

ACTION REQUIRED ON May 16, 2011:
Beginning May 16, 2011 it will be important for you to create a new Pearson VUE account so you can access your certification history and register for new exams after the transition. We will post instructions on how to set up your new account at Pearson VUE and if you have a testing account with Prometric - how to ensure that your old and new accounts are correctly linked.

Additional Information
For more information, view our full announcement and Frequently Asked Questions online at certification.oracle.com.
Hi,
If I purchase vouchers for both of part 2 and part 3 of SCEA exam at prometric centre and
UNABLE to complete before june 1st, can i take my exams at same prometric centre OR i have to use that voucher and take my exam at Pearson VUE Center?

Please help to clarify.
 
If you currently have a Sun or Oracle exam voucher or exam retake voucher: All vouchers will still be valid through their original expiration date and will be redeemable with Pearson VUE starting on May 16, 2011.
 
(1 like)
 
Gurunath Dharmar wrote:Hi,
If I purchase vouchers for both of part 2 and part 3 of SCEA exam at prometric centre and
UNABLE to complete before june 1st, can i take my exams at same prometric centre OR i have to use that voucher and take my exam at Pearson VUE Center?

Please help to clarify.


That's a good question. I have the same problem, I understand that we have to finish part II and III before the 1st of August (everyone knows why) , I have already passed part I with Prometric, downloaded part II and I'm planning to finish part II and take part III beggining of June, I guess I would have to do it with VUE then.

Anyone have an idea?

Regards
Kris
I am in the same situation, as I understand it you need to create your account with Pearson Vue on 16th May and this will link your account with your history from Prometric (assuming you set it up correctly). So you would submit your assignment to Pearson from 1st June and shedule part 3 through Pearson too as they should have your history from Prometric.
Can anyone guide me on my next step?

I passed SCEA part 1 yesterday through Prometric. Do I have to wait for any confirmation before I can purchase part 2?

Many thanks
no, you can get the assignment straight away
I am in the same situation as Kris - this is a new pain we have to deal with.
 
will myers wrote:no, you can get the assignment straight away


unfortunately I'm unable to find it on the Pearson VUE account site :-/
that's becuase this change doesn't happen until 1st of June:

until 1st of June use Prometric
after 1st of June use Pearson

simple
well great, now I have to buy stuff I need to "convert" later
Well this makes things even little more difficult for the candidates who are already working on the deadline(1st August 2011). More variables means more confusion and delays.
I don't think it's that big of a deal. You just buy the assignment on the Prometric site (easy) then you create an account on Pearson on 16th May and make sure you put in your id. Then you upload to Pearson after 1st June and forget about Prometric - according to Oracle all your exam history will automagically be transfered to Pearson. Let's face it, if you can't get this right you don't have much hope of architecting a complex JEE system
It's just too many changes in the last 6 months by Oracle. It will affect(though in a very small manner) who are trying to finish everything before this Aug deadline.
I'm not happy with this new change. Before, I was able to sustain the certifications in the same city where I live. After the new change, the closest center is at least an hour away of driving.
 
Cristian Popescu wrote:I'm not happy with this new change. Before, I was able to sustain the certifications in the same city where I live. After the new change, the closest center is at least an hour away of driving.

Me too I'm not happy with it.
Hi!
Stefan Ernst wrote:
will myers wrote:no, you can get the assignment straight away

unfortunately I'm unable to find it on the Pearson VUE account site :-/

I bought my assignment at Oracle's web page. No need to go through Prometric or Pearson VUE.
Best wishes!
Ivan
I had similar problem. Have Passed part 1, bought assignment and now have to take part 3 and submit assignment.
Stumbled upon following Oracle's site. I guess it is comprehensive enough and contain answer to most of the above questions.
Vue-Prometric Transition

I noticed another new thing on this page:

I purchased the Assignment from Prometric, but I haven’t returned my completed project to Oracle yet. How do I upload my Assignment?

1. Contact suncert_ww@oracle.com to exchange your voucher(s) for voucher(s) that can be applied to the Assignment at Pearson VUE
2. If you do not already have one, create a Pearson VUE web account at pearsonvue.com/oracle; make sure to use your Oracle Testing ID (previously Prometric ID) to set up your Pearson VUE web account.
3. Access the Assignment online at pearsonvue.com/oracle by selecting the appropriate test number from the available Assignments; you will download your assignment requirements from the online test.
4. You will not be eligible to register for the Essay until you have submitted your Assignment


It means, we need to upload assignment first before doing essay exam!!
Hi:

0. I have purchased the assignment with a CREDIT CARD in November 2010 (NOT a voucher) and I'm not finished it yet. How I send it to Pearson
without a voucher number?

1. I have purchased the part 3 with a VOUCHER from Prometric in November 2010.

2. I have cancelled part 3 following the suggestions made by Oracle himself.

3. I have created a Pearson web account BUT I CAN NOT SEE THE PART 2 NEITHER 3 to send the assignment and to schedule the essay.

I'm really confused about all of this, and I'm very worried about:

the August 1st. deadline to send my assigment and to take part 3!!!

I don't want to lose all the money and the efforts...
Hi All,

In the begining of the discussion it is mentioned that the instruction to create a new account in Pearson VUE would be informed shortly.

Is it available or when will it be available?
Is there any specific procedure that to be followed so that the prometric id is correctly linked to Pearson VUE database?

When Oracle makes such a transition they should properly give all the instruction also along. They should be doing this transition atleast after the deadline of Aug-1. They are making life more miserable.

Thanks a lot in advance.


Oracle site instructions

There are full instructions at the page above
 
will myers wrote:Oracle site instructions

There are full instructions at the page above


"I purchased the Assignment from Prometric, but I haven’t returned my completed project to Oracle yet. How do I upload my Assignment? Contact suncert_ww@oracle.com to exchange your voucher(s) for voucher(s) that can be applied to the Assignment at Pearson VUE"

I purchased the assignment by credit card (not a voucher)...

Thanks!
I'm a little confused...

0. As you know, I have purchased the assignment CX-310-301A (1Z0-865) from the
Prometric website with a valid credit card and I haven't finished it yet.

1. The assignment clearly stated that

"You must complete your essay exam (part III) at Prometric PRIOR to
sending us your assignment. Your assignment will NOT be graded without
your having completed the essay exam (310-062)".

2. I have cancelled the essay exam 310-062 (1Z0-866) with Prometric
following Oracle suggestions and tried to schedule it with Pearson as I wrote before. But
I get this message from Pearson website:

"Oracle Certificacion Program policy requieres that a 1Z0-865 exam be
graded before registration for exam 1Z0-866 is allowed".

How can the assignment be graded (1Z0-865) WITHOUT having completed
the essay examn (1Z0-866)?
To clarify, you need to migrate your profile. Once it is available (within 24 hours), PearsonVUE will know you took Part 1 and you will then be able to register for part 2.

My experience migrating my profile:
http://www.selikoff.net/2011/05/16/oracle-certification-linking-existing-pearsonprometric-accounts/
 
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:To clarify, you need to migrate your profile. Once it is available (within 24 hours), PearsonVUE will know you took Part 1 and you will then be able to register for part 2.

My experience migrating my profile:
http://www.selikoff.net/2011/05/16/oracle-certification-linking-existing-pearsonprometric-accounts/


Thanks! But I've created the account last Friday but when I log in there is no data for my previous certifications...
Hi,

I have cleared OCMJEA Part 1 and have not yet downloaded the assignment for Part 2 yet.
I am now able to login into my Pearson web account. I could see the original ORACLE Testing id there.

I need to download the assignment, but I am not finding a way to do it from the Pearson's web account. I didn't find the exam(1Z0-865) listed in the list as well. However I could see the Essay exam listed there.

1Z0-866 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Essay Exam

Perhaps the assignment download is not available from the web account ?
Do I need to download the assignment from: https://ibt1.prometric.com/choose_sponsor.asp (first time registration) ?
Do first time registration has a payment step before downloading the assignment or we need to have voucher purchased from OCP before hand ?



Does anybody at Oracle have even a clue about all of this matter? Do they care about it? I think I'm going to loose my money and effort waiting for a reply from them...
For those that already have a vue account with a oracle id, go to this page to merge the accounts: http://www.pearsonvue.com/oracle/idmerge

I´m waiting this to schedule scea part 1 exam.
Hi guys,

I purchased a voucher in prometric.com/oracle with credit card and I´ve got a 'confirmation number'. I´ve an appointment scheduled at prometric and with this change I tried to schedule an appointment at pearsonvue. But, I can´t do this.

Pearsonvue says that I put a wrong voucher number.
I've contacted Pearson by live chat and this is their response:

"You need to contact Prometric".
Hi,

Just confirmed with Oracle Customer Support that
> the URL to pay and download the assignment is still https://ibt1.prometric.com/oracle
> Part-3 can be taken at prometric (till 31st May) and in PearsonVUE after that.
> Part-3 can be taken only after the assignment has been submitted and graded.
> The email address given for assignment submissioin on https://ibt1.prometric.com/oracle
is correct.

Thanks,


Nilessh Ganu wrote: Hi,

I have cleared OCMJEA Part 1 and have not yet downloaded the assignment for Part 2 yet.
I am now able to login into my Pearson web account. I could see the original ORACLE Testing id there.

I need to download the assignment, but I am not finding a way to do it from the Pearson's web account. I didn't find the exam(1Z0-865) listed in the list as well. However I could see the Essay exam listed there.

1Z0-866 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Essay Exam

Perhaps the assignment download is not available from the web account ?
Do I need to download the assignment from: https://ibt1.prometric.com/choose_sponsor.asp (first time registration) ?
Do first time registration has a payment step before downloading the assignment or we need to have voucher purchased from OCP before hand ?



 
Hi,

to confuse a bit more,
does anyone know if voucher (I bought it from education Oracle) that has prefix other than "SC" (so it won't work with prometric) will work with pearson vue ??
Should I replace it and download assignment in prometric or wait and try at pearson vue??

Best Regards ;)
 
Sitaram Susarla wrote:Hi,

Just confirmed with Oracle Customer Support that
> the URL to pay and download the assignment is still https://ibt1.prometric.com/oracle
> Part-3 can be taken at prometric (till 31st May) and in PearsonVUE after that.
> Part-3 can be taken only after the assignment has been submitted and graded.
> The email address given for assignment submissioin on https://ibt1.prometric.com/oracle
is correct.

Thanks,


Thanks Sitaram, that's a useful information.
But I am still worried about the case when I download the assignment now and submit the assignment after 31 May 2011.
I have written another mail to Oracle Customer Support asking if we can send the the assignment to email listed under(https://ibt1.prometric.com/oracle) after 31st May 2011.
 
Nilessh Ganu wrote:
Thanks Sitaram, that's a useful information.
But I am still worried about the case when I download the assignment now and submit the assignment after 31 May 2011.
I have written another mail to Oracle Customer Support asking if we can send the the assignment to email listed under(https://ibt1.prometric.com/oracle) after 31st May 2011.


Hey,

I did the same thing (bought assignment at prometric cause I could not find it under my new Pearson web account) and will not be ready beford 31 May 2011. So I would be interested in the answer the'll give you.
Another thing: I did not notice an email to send my completed assignment to. Where do I find it?

Bye,
Michael
 
Another thing: I did not notice an email to send my completed assignment to. Where do I find it?

Why should there be any change in the email ID-it's @oracle.com - change is from Prometric to Pearson and nothing in terms of email Id for assignment submission.
 
Sharma Ashutosh wrote: Why should there be any change in the email ID-it's @oracle.com - change is from Prometric to Pearson and nothing in terms of email Id for assignment submission.

Ah, I finally found it (on the first page). You're probably right but still...
I finally bought the assignment from (https://ibt1.prometric.com/oracle) simply because ... I couldn't find any other place to download it from
Best wishes for ALL !
So, did we get any clarity on this? I have almost finished my assignment, but now the new issue of 'submitting the assignment before we can even register for the essay exam" has come in. How many days do we need to wait after submitting the assignment to register?
Dear all ,

Got this email Today from SUNCERT_WW <suncert_ww@oracle.com> :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can continue working on your assignment and then take the Essay exam through Pearson VUE. After completing both you can email us on architect-submit_US@oracle.com and we will assist you further.

Regards,
OCP Team
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck !
hmm...In the other post by Rishi, they have replied saying that you have to 'upload' through person. and I am unable to schedule for essay as it wouldn't even list the exam.
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more ... https://richsoil.com/cards



All times above are in ranch (not your local) time.
The current ranch time is
Jun 25, 2017 02:41:33.