• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Passed the Part 1 preparing for part II

 
Erwin Bredford
Ranch Hand
Posts: 167
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello ranchers,

I passed the Part 1 of the Enterprise Architect Exam with 87%

Now I am preparing for part II .
Any tips or resources would be helpful in my preparation.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34860
369
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Order part 2. You need to submit before the end of July to avoid having to take a class so you might as well get the question and then read up on design with that question in mind.

See my signature for some part 2/3 tips as well.
 
Sharma Ashutosh
Bartender
Posts: 346
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats!!!
2.5 months left for you to clear part 2 and part 3 unless you are okay with taking up the training classes from Oracle.
Best of luck for part 2 and 3.
 
Tej Ghag
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
Hibernate Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
congrats

I am planning to start for part 1 .. I will appreciate all the help regarding preparations and books to refer!

Many thanks!
 
Shiva.Om Kumar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 68
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Order part 2. You need to submit before the end of July to avoid having to take a class so you might as well get the question and then read up on design with that question in mind.

See my signature for some part 2/3 tips as well.



Week 1 (3 hours) - is it 3 hours for whole week or 3 hours a day.
I guess it's first thing 3 hours a week, can you please confirm?

thanks.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 34860
369
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Shiva.Om Kumar wrote:Week 1 (3 hours) - is it 3 hours for whole week or 3 hours a day.
I guess it's first thing 3 hours a week, can you please confirm?

It was three hours for the whole week. I didn't do much week 1 .

The full list of times is:
Week 1 - 3 hours
Week 2 - 6 hours
Week 3 - 2 hours
Week 4-9 - 0 hours (I stopped for a while)
Week 10 - 16.25 hours - decided to go back to it and just hurry up and finish

So I spent 27.5 hours total on my part two assignment.
 
Erwin Bredford
Ranch Hand
Posts: 167
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Tej Ghag wrote:congrats

I am planning to start for part 1 .. I will appreciate all the help regarding preparations and books to refer!

Many thanks!


I studied with the following materials.
Head First Design Patterns
Core J2EE Design Patterns
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for JavaEE Study Guide 2ndEd
 
Tej Ghag
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
Hibernate Java Spring
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks chinedu!
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic