Hope you are pushing heard to reach 1' august dead line ...me too ...
I have couple of questions on component diagram, can you please clarify?
1. I am using socket/interface connectors to show the relation ships b/w the components. I think this is to show the interfaces.
I am having the Managed Beans create Business Delegates. How do i show this. I think i should just use the dependency (a line with arrow) as i am not using an interface to invoke business delegate, i this case i am instantiating Business Delegate. Is this ok or do i have to use socket/interface connectors ?
2. How do i show the dependency b/w JSP and Backing Beans, I think we should just use dependency (arrow) icon and not socket/interface connectors ...
3. I am using a DAO to access some data ...should it go in the Integration layer or Business and Persistance layer ? I am following Mark cade example for component diagram. He had shown DAO's in Integration Layer and due to this i think i have to put my DAO in Integration layer.
4. If i want to show the JPA (Entity Manager) in component diagram where should it go ? Business and persistance layer or Integration Layer. A/c to Mark Cade it should be in business and persistance layer. But I think JPA (Entity Manager) is just like a DAO so it should be in Integraion layer as per Mark cade
5. If you have a DAOFactory to access DAO's where should it be represented ?
2.yah, tricky one! Also, both JSP/JSF and the managed bean belong to the same layer! i.e presentation layer. So, I am not showing any connection or line. Just putting them in the same layer. Also, in the sequence diagram, I show the flow from JSP-->Managed Bean-->...
3.In Sheil/Cade's book, wherever external stuff is accessed, it is shown with DAO via integration layer - however, the same is used for LDAP access too - technically, in that solution, the LDAP server is internal and part of SuD. So, we can deduce that it would be logical to show external and/or non-database stuff access in integration layer.
4.Per above conclusion, I think this will not be in integration layer.
SCJP 1.4, OCMJEA/SCEA 5.0.
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop