• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Henry Wong
Sheriffs:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Tim Cooke
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • salvin francis
  • fred rosenberger

Incompatible magic value 171712836

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi guys,

I got an applet wich work in my html test page but don't work once "printed" in a php page on the distant server. I don't know much about applets so i ran with purely logical test at first:
tried on several client computers : no changes
thinked it can came from the page being hosted on my computer, you know something with dependences:uploaded the html test page on free hosting and it work.
uploaded the same page on the distant server to know if it may be an error of server configuration.
Didn't work at first, so i check java ranch and figured it may came from bad uploading and it was the case.
But nothing to do about the php page it just keep not working.

html test page code:


and on the php page:



I am just out of ideas right now, so if anyone experienced anything similar to this i'd be glad to get some help.
Tell me if i should add some extra information or if you didn't get something i wrote because of my bad english.

Thank you java gurus in advance.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 312
MS IE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am not sure, whether you can run Applets within PHP applications as Applets are based on Java.
 
maybe me
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
solved it turned relative


to absolute



It's weird, i thought the path was relative to the file you are in, in this case the php page echoing the "<applet>" but it seems to be relative to the generated html, wherever it may be. You may answer me that i am mistaking with client and server side but honestly sometimes it's tricky ...

Anyway quick one: It didn't find the jar.

Seriously why not an "applet not found" message...
 
Sunglasses. AKA Coolness prosthetic. This tiny ad doesn't need shades:
Devious Experiments for a Truly Passive Greenhouse!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paulwheaton/greenhouse-1
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic