• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

regarding scea part1 before oct 1

 
aruna sydu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 98
MyEclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I hold a valid certification voucher in India and planning to take Part 1 of OCMJEA.
As the mandatory training course got extended to October 1, Can I take Part1 before that and then opt for
a training before submitting part2 and part3 if at all not able to submit ?

I am worried as I cannot complete all the 3 parts.

Can some one please advice me on this?

Thanks,
Aruna.
 
kumar naresh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 120
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Part I can be completed without training but for Part II & III if you are not able to complete them before Oct 1 then you need to attend mandatory training.
 
Andrew Monkhouse
author and jackaroo
Marshal Commander
Pie
Posts: 12014
220
C++ Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java Mac Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I recommend you read the Oracle FAQ on these issues.

My reading of their FAQ leads me to believe that you can complete parts 1, 2, and 3 at any time without having done the training - it can be done afterwards if you miss the Aug 31 deadline.

It is also worth noting that the new rules come into affect on Oct 1st, so the deadline is not Oct 1, but Aug 31. According to Oracle's FAQ, you should be planning to have enough time to get the assignment graded and to resubmit it if necessary if you really want to avoid the training - therefore they recommend you submit the assignment and take the part 3 exam before Aug 27th.
 
aruna sydu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 98
MyEclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Kumar.



kumar naresh wrote:Part I can be completed without training but for Part II & III if you are not able to complete them before Oct 1 then you need to attend mandatory training.



 
aruna sydu
Ranch Hand
Posts: 98
MyEclipse IDE Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Andrew,

Thats informative. As Part 1 does not involve any assignment submission ,i think this can be completed before sept 31 unlike the Aug 27th deadline for part II and part III.

Please correct me ,if I am wrong.Thanka!


Regards,
Aruna.



Andrew Monkhouse wrote:I recommend you read the Oracle FAQ on these issues.

My reading of their FAQ leads me to believe that you can complete parts 1, 2, and 3 at any time without having done the training - it can be done afterwards if you miss the Aug 31 deadline.

It is also worth noting that the new rules come into affect on Oct 1st, so the deadline is not Oct 1, but Aug 31. According to Oracle's FAQ, you should be planning to have enough time to get the assignment graded and to resubmit it if necessary if you really want to avoid the training - therefore they recommend you submit the assignment and take the part 3 exam before Aug 27th.
 
Andrew Monkhouse
author and jackaroo
Marshal Commander
Pie
Posts: 12014
220
C++ Firefox Browser IntelliJ IDE Java Mac Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
aruna sydu wrote:As Part 1 does not involve any assignment submission ,i think this can be completed before sept 31 unlike the Aug 27th deadline for part II and part III.

I think you are implying that you would like to do parts 2 and 3 before you do part 1. Is that correct? (If not, ignore my response)

Part 1 must be completed before you are eligible to start part 2. Part 2 must be submitted before you do part 3.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic