let suppose i am navigating from a site having a Http url to site having Https url.
So please tell me what are the process happening in between the navigation.
(I only know is that https is secure connection).
The only difference between the two is SSL based communication.
The rest of this post will provide more detail on the actions that will be executed by the protocols.
HTTP includes the following actions :
* The browser opens a TCP connection.
* The browser sends a HTTP request to the server
* The server sends a HTTP response to the browser.
* The TCP connection is closed.
SSL will include the following actions :
* Authenticate the server to the client.
* Allow the client and server to select the cryptographic algorithms, or ciphers, that they both support.
* Optionally authenticate the client to the server.
* Use public-key encryption techniques to generate shared secrets.
* Establish an encrypted SSL connection.
Once the SSL connection is established the usual transfer of HTTP requests will continue.