Win a copy of The Little Book of Impediments (e-book only) this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Want to change the ImageView's picture at runtime, after 2 sec, 5 sec and 7 sec.

 
D Hagy
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I tried to make it with thread, but with the thread I can't change it. Now I tried to make a handler but it's not good either.

Here is the original thread code:



I hope you can understand what I want to do, sorry I'm not perfect english If you can, please give me an alternative code for this. It's very annoying, that only this is what I need for my program, but I can't do this. Sorry if this question, is so easy or something but I'm a beginner programmer.
 
Hardik Trivedi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 252
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You can try this.
Thread t=new Thread(new Runnable() {

public void run()
{
try
{
Thread.sleep(2000);// After 2 seconds
//Change Image
Thread.sleep(5000);// After 5 seconds
//Change Image
Thread.sleep(7000);// After 7 seconds
//Change Image
}
catch(Exception e)
{

}
}
});
t.start();
 
D Hagy
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hardik Trivedi wrote:You can try this.
Thread t=new Thread(new Runnable() {

public void run()
{
try
{
Thread.sleep(2000);// After 2 seconds
//Change Image
Thread.sleep(5000);// After 5 seconds
//Change Image
Thread.sleep(7000);// After 7 seconds
//Change Image
}
catch(Exception e)
{

}
}
});
t.start();


Thanks! I will try it tomorrow (ehhmm... today )
 
D Hagy
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hardik Trivedi wrote:You can try this.
Thread t=new Thread(new Runnable() {

public void run()
{
try
{
Thread.sleep(2000);// After 2 seconds
//Change Image
Thread.sleep(5000);// After 5 seconds
//Change Image
Thread.sleep(7000);// After 7 seconds
//Change Image
}
catch(Exception e)
{

}
}
});
t.start();


Thanks, I tried it. My application doesn't show any error, or warning, but it's produce the "stopped unexpectedly" error. Can this produce it, or there is an another problem?
 
Nidhi Sar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 252
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
D Hagy wrote:I tried to make it with thread, but with the thread I can't change it. Now I tried to make a handler but it's not good either.

Here is the original thread code:



I hope you can understand what I want to do, sorry I'm not perfect english If you can, please give me an alternative code for this. It's very annoying, that only this is what I need for my program, but I can't do this. Sorry if this question, is so easy or something but I'm a beginner programmer.


I didn't actually try it, but when you say " but with the thread I can't change it", I'm assuming that you are getting a CalledFromWrongTreadException (you can see the exception in the LogCat).
The line radar.setImageResource(R.drawable.radar_full); and other two need to run on the UI thread, so replace this single line with the following block - the other two would need to be changed too :

 
D Hagy
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Nidhi Sar wrote:
D Hagy wrote:I tried to make it with thread, but with the thread I can't change it. Now I tried to make a handler but it's not good either.

Here is the original thread code:



I hope you can understand what I want to do, sorry I'm not perfect english If you can, please give me an alternative code for this. It's very annoying, that only this is what I need for my program, but I can't do this. Sorry if this question, is so easy or something but I'm a beginner programmer.


I didn't actually try it, but when you say " but with the thread I can't change it", I'm assuming that you are getting a CalledFromWrongTreadException (you can see the exception in the LogCat).
The line radar.setImageResource(R.drawable.radar_full); and other two need to run on the UI thread, so replace this single line with the following block - the other two would need to be changed too :



Thanks I could make it!
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic