I hope there is some simple answer for this problem that is really baffling and frustrating me.
I'm working on an OS X machine (10.6 Snow Leopard). I have several installs of Tomcat 6 set up on different remote servers. On all of these, I can successfully access and use the HTML manager application.
I recently installed Tomcat 6 locally on my Mac, and I can reach the 'home' page at http://localhost:8080/ - but when I try to log into the manager app 'manager/html', the login fails every time. I type my credentials into the fields, try to login, and it simply requests the login information again as a response.
I have double and triple checked that the User Data Base and Realm configs in 'server.xml and the Roles and Users in 'tomcat-users.xml' are configured exactly the same - yet I can't login to the localhost manager!
Can someone please give me a clue - would really 'preciate it.
As role(s) in in "tomcat-users.xml" you are using one of these (new roles starting with Tomcat 6) ??
* manager-gui - allows access to the HTML GUI and the status pages.
* manager-script - allows access to the text interface and the status pages.
* manager-jmx - allows access to the JMX proxy and the status pages.
* manager-status - allows access to the status pages only.
* admin-gui - allows access to the host-manager HTML console.
* admin-script - allows access to the host-manager text interface.
My setup on my OS X Snow Leopard - and now Lion is this one:
Regards, Rene Larsen
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop