• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

What is the Purpose of Human Life?

 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
What is the Purpose of Human Life




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=few-CN5OywQ&feature=related

As per you Ranchers what is the purpose of Human Life
 
Jelle Klap
Bartender
Posts: 1952
7
Eclipse IDE Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The purpose of life is to end.


 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Jelle Klap wrote:The purpose of life is to end.




We are eventually going to die, but whats the purpose when are alive !!
 
Maneesh Godbole
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 11096
13
Android Eclipse IDE Google Web Toolkit Java Mac Ubuntu
 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
:O
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 65124
91
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Likes 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
To leave the world a better place than when you found it.
 
Paul Clapham
Sheriff
Posts: 21322
32
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you observe life (as opposed to just human life) you'll notice that one of the purposes of life appears to be to produce more life. There don't appear to be any other features which could be described as "purposes", either.
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3764
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bear Bibeault wrote:To leave the world a better place than when you found it.

Define better
 
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal
Pie
Posts: 65124
91
IntelliJ IDE Java jQuery Mac Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
As defined by the individual.
 
Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
Posts: 462
IntelliJ IDE Java Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Vishal Hegde wrote: What is the Purpose of Human Life

Hi friends,
according to me, the main purpose of creation of man is belief and worshipping...
An article (below) related to your question that seems very logical: (this article belongs to the 21. century interpreter of the Qur'an (the holy book))

and if you want to read from the beginning of this article (The Eleventh Word), click here

.................................................
O my heedless soul! If you want to understand to a degree both the aim of your life and its nature, and the form of your life, and the true meaning of your life, and its perfect happiness, then look! The summary of the aims of your life consists of nine matters:

The First is this: To weigh up on the scales of the senses put in your being the bounties stored up in the treasuries of Divine mercy, and to offer universal thanks.

The Second: To open with the keys of the faculties placed in your nature the hidden treasuries of the sacred Divine Names.

The Third: To consciously display and make known through your life in the view of the creatures in this exhibition of the world the wondrous arts and subtle manifestations which the Divine Names have attached to you.

The Fourth: To proclaim your worship to the Court of the Creator’s dominicality verbally and through the tongue of your disposition.

The Fifth: Like on ceremonial occasions a soldier wears all the decorations he has received from his king, and through appearing before the him, displays the marks of his favour towards him, this is to consciously adorn yourself in the jewels of the subtle senses which the manifestations of the Divine Names have given you, and to appear in the observant view of the Pre-Eternal Witness.

The Sixth: To consciously observe the salutations of living beings to their Creator, known as the manifestations of life, and their glorifications of their Maker, known as the signs of life, and their worship of the Bestower of Life, known as the aims of life, and by reflecting on them to see them, and through testifying to them to display them.

The Seventh: Through taking as units of measurement the small samples of attributes like the partial knowledge, power, and will given to your life, it is to know through those measures the absolute attributes and sacred qualities of the All-Glorious Creator. For example, since, through your partial power, knowledge, and will, you have made your house in well-ordered fashion, you should know that the Maker of the palace of the world is its Disposer, and Powerful, Knowing, and Wise to the degree it is greater than your house.

The Eighth: To understand the words concerning the Creator’s unity and Maker’s dominicality uttered by each of the beings in the world in its particular tongue.

The Ninth: To understand through your impotence and weakness, your poverty and need, the degrees of the Divine power and dominical riches. Just as the pleasure and degrees and varieties of food are understood through the degrees of hunger and the sorts of need, so you should understand the degrees of the infinite Divine power and riches through your infinite impotence and poverty. The aims of your life, then, briefly, are matters like these. Now consider the nature of your life; its summary is this:

It is an index of wonders pertaining to the Divine Names; a scale for measuring the Divine attributes; a balance of the worlds within the universe; a list of the mighty world; a map of the cosmos; a summary of the vast book of the universe; a bunch of keys with which to open the hidden treasuries of Divine power; and a most excellent pattern of the perfections scattered over beings and attached to time. The nature of your life consists of matters like these.

Now, the form of your life and the manner of its duty is this: your life is an inscribed word, a wisdom-displaying word written by the pen of power. Seen and heard, it points to the Divine Names. The form of your life consists of matters like these.

Now the true meaning of your life is this: its acting as a mirror to the manifestation of Divine oneness and the manifestation of the Eternally Besought One. That is to say, through a comprehensiveness as though being the point of focus for all the Divine Names manifested in the world, it is its being a mirror to the Single and Eternally Besought One.

Now, as for the perfection of your life, it is to perceive the lights of the Pre-Eternal Sun which are depicted in the mirror of your life, and to love them. It is to display ardour for Him as a conscious being. It is to pass beyond yourself with love of Him. It is to establish the reflection of His light in the centre of your heart...
........................................................

Sincerely,
 
Akhilesh Trivedi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1608
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Believe in beliefs.
 
Horst Stieg
Greenhorn
Posts: 13
Eclipse IDE Java Oracle
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
A good question in a subforum called "Meaningless Drivel"!

There is no purpose of human life per se.

The purpose of your life is the one that you give to it. For some it is watching daily soaps and "reality" TV, for some wasting their time with religion, for others it is saving whales (or puppies ...).
 
Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
Posts: 462
IntelliJ IDE Java Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Horst Stieg wrote: The purpose of your life is the one that you give to it. For some it is watching daily soaps and "reality" TV, for some wasting their time with religion, for others it is saving whales (or puppies ...).

Religion is not an occupation. For example, a football is an occupation. Religious is the life itself!

Kind regards,

PS: If you really don't know yourself, you will not be able to know your Creator...
 
Seetharaman Venkatasamy
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5575
Eclipse IDE Java Windows XP
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Vishal Hegde wrote:What is the Purpose of Human Life

It is another terminology to what bear said :
what and how much you teach to your next generation.
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Posts: 12186
34
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I submit the following question to the original poster:

Why do you assume that life must HAVE a purpose?
 
Paul Clapham
Sheriff
Posts: 21322
32
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Horst Stieg wrote:The purpose of your life is the one that you give to it.


Yes. However there are those people who insist that their life's purpose has to be the purpose of everybody else's life too.
 
Daniel Doboseru
Ranch Hand
Posts: 57
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
fred rosenberger wrote:I submit the following question to the original poster:

Why do you assume that life must HAVE a purpose?


Because we all live by purposes. Without a goal, or a purpose we wouldn't knew what evolution means and we wouldn't have all the things that surrounds us today.
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Posts: 12186
34
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Daniel Doboseru wrote:Because we all live by purposes. Without a goal, or a purpose we wouldn't knew what evolution means and we wouldn't have all the things that surrounds us today.

Does this hold true for dogs, lizards, paramecium, trees and mold? All of these are alive, yet I doubt they have a 'purpose'.

Why are humans different?
 
Paul Clapham
Sheriff
Posts: 21322
32
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
fred rosenberger wrote:Does this hold true for dogs, lizards, paramecium, trees and mold?


Sure. Consider the spider (who is one of your distant relatives). She builds a web, catches and eats flies, and lays her eggs in a reasonably secure place. But next week the web will be gone and the spider dead, eaten by a bird maybe. So what was the purpose of that? It was those eggs. Everything else was done so that the spider's descendants could live and do the same kind of thing.

Yes, this is a recursive sort of purpose, but computer programmers understand recursion, don't they?
 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
fred rosenberger wrote:I submit the following question to the original poster:

Why do you assume that life must HAVE a purpose?




Without any purpose we might just go mad and it will really become difficult to see time fly by..while a person with purpose(if he knws what he wants to do), there is not such variable as Time with a sense of satisfaction from his mind and body....
 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Paul Clapham wrote:
fred rosenberger wrote:Does this hold true for dogs, lizards, paramecium, trees and mold?


Sure. Consider the spider (who is one of your distant relatives). She builds a web, catches and eats flies, and lays her eggs in a reasonably secure place. But next week the web will be gone and the spider dead, eaten by a bird maybe. So what was the purpose of that? It was those eggs. Everything else was done so that the spider's descendants could live and do the same kind of thing.

Yes, this is a recursive sort of purpose, but computer programmers understand recursion, don't they?


Suppose we were born in jungle, we would put eatables in appropriate place that is mouth without any initial training....its natural, so is attraction towards the opposite sex, when we feel thirsty we drink water and so does other animals..we are phsically weak but God gave us the ability to think beyond all the animals and thats what makes us superior to all the living being...Food and reproduction is a natural process and each and every creature in this world knows about it

But we create languages and to learn each alphabets we keep on striving and these strivings makes us form words and alphbets and later on we make it more complex for our own convienince..we invented computers,Telehones, discovered Electriticy, Apple which help us discover Gravity and latest Laptops and ipads :P providing convinience in social lives and increasing our Belly Size

Is the purpose of life to be happy, to live in abundance !!! or for some is it to make others happy.....???
 
Frank Silbermann
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1407
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
To learn the Purpose of Life you first have to identify the true religion. It's doctrines will tell you. (Or am I confusing the Purpose of Life with the Meaning of Life?)
 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Frank Silbermann wrote:To learn the Purpose of Life you first have to identify the true religion. It's doctrines will tell you. (Or am I confusing the Purpose of Life with the Meaning of Life?)




purpose of life adds up meaning to your life.... I dont think religion should be of any concern, most of the religions try to educate us almost the same thing
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Posts: 12186
34
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Frank Silbermann wrote:[Y]ou first have to identify the true religion.

Can you define what you mean by "true religion"?
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Posts: 12186
34
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Vishal Hegde wrote:Without any purpose we might just go mad

and you might not. What is your point?
Vishal Hegde wrote:and it will really become difficult to see time fly by

I claim a supposition of facts not in evidence. Why will it become difficult? Who says so? What evidence do you have supporting this.

Vishal Hegde wrote:while a person with purpose(if he knws what he wants to do), there is not such variable as Time with a sense of satisfaction from his mind and body....

This makes no sense to me at all.
 
Tony Smith-Jones
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
To boldly go... nah, too obvious.
 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
fred rosenberger wrote:
Vishal Hegde wrote:Without any purpose we might just go mad

and you might not. What is your point?
Vishal Hegde wrote:and it will really become difficult to see time fly by

I claim a supposition of facts not in evidence. Why will it become difficult? Who says so? What evidence do you have supporting this.

Vishal Hegde wrote:while a person with purpose(if he knws what he wants to do), there is not such variable as Time with a sense of satisfaction from his mind and body....

This makes no sense to me at all.


Hii Fred,

Tell me one thing if you werent an expert programmer in your domain and wouldnt have contributed to any Head First books, sitting blank ....do you think you would be having your own fan members as they are right now..sitiing blank and making no use of the gray cells...We get mad at times,but the type of madness I am talking about is something differnent....

For instance a person with 0 Bank acct in sheer discomfort will just go mad and will not have the capabilty to think as of what is the purpose and this discomfort will feel as if time has paused for him !!!
If you are happy and in a blissful state you dont come to know how time flyed by

 
Daniel Doboseru
Ranch Hand
Posts: 57
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you are happy and in a blissful state you dont come to know how time flyed by

very true ... nailed it!
 
Rizvan Asgarov
Ranch Hand
Posts: 462
IntelliJ IDE Java Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,
How are you friends? Hope that everthing is 'OK'...

Frank Silbermann wrote: To learn the Purpose of Life you first have to identify the true religion...
Vishal Hegde wrote: ...most of the religions try to educate us almost the same thing

Common characteristics of all the Abrahamic religions are the same... They called peoples to believe in the oneness of Allah (God) and all the prophets has attested to each other. Allah (God) is not like to his creations... There are only beautiful names and divine attributes of introducing him...
If we take into consideration the experiences of the three Abrahamic religions, Islam, Judaism and Christianity, we will see that the religious foundations of tolerance, dialogue and living together are present in the source of almost all three religions...

Additionally, for example: the different aspects of Islam from the previous religions are as follows:

1 - First of all, previous religions addressed certain periods of time and people of a certain region. Islam addresses the whole mankind. The call of Islam is general and universal.

2 - Previous religions addressed only people who lived at that time. The characters of the people of that time were rude and their nature was somewhat wild. They were backward in science, civilization, ideas and understanding.

The means of transportation and communication were in a primitive state. The cultures, beliefs, customs and traditions of each region were different. The exchange of cultures and views were rare. Therefore, it was necessary to send different prophets and different religions to each community. In time, when human beings made a lot of progress in terms of science, ideas, culture and civilization, previous local religions could not meet the requirements of people. Thereupon, God Almighty sent Islam as the last religion to all human beings.
The religion of Islam has the characteristics of being able to address the whole humanity, from the people that lived 1400 years ago to the modern people of the future. Therefore, its rule is permanent and valid until the Day of Judgment.

fred rosenberger wrote:
Frank Silbermann wrote:[Y]ou first have to identify the true religion.

Can you define what you mean by "true religion"?

to investigate and find out the truth is your duty...

Thanks,
 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Rizvan Asgarov wrote:Hi All,
How are you friends? Hope that everthing is 'OK'...

Frank Silbermann wrote: To learn the Purpose of Life you first have to identify the true religion...
Vishal Hegde wrote: ...most of the religions try to educate us almost the same thing

Common characteristics of all the Abrahamic religions are the same... They called peoples to believe in the oneness of Allah (God) and all the prophets has attested to each other. Allah (God) is not like to his creations... There are only beautiful names and divine attributes of introducing him...
If we take into consideration the experiences of the three Abrahamic religions, Islam, Judaism and Christianity, we will see that the religious foundations of tolerance, dialogue and living together are present in the source of almost all three religions...

Additionally, for example: the different aspects of Islam from the previous religions are as follows:

1 - First of all, previous religions addressed certain periods of time and people of a certain region. Islam addresses the whole mankind. The call of Islam is general and universal.

2 - Previous religions addressed only people who lived at that time. The characters of the people of that time were rude and their nature was somewhat wild. They were backward in science, civilization, ideas and understanding.

The means of transportation and communication were in a primitive state. The cultures, beliefs, customs and traditions of each region were different. The exchange of cultures and views were rare. Therefore, it was necessary to send different prophets and different religions to each community. In time, when human beings made a lot of progress in terms of science, ideas, culture and civilization, previous local religions could not meet the requirements of people. Thereupon, God Almighty sent Islam as the last religion to all human beings.
The religion of Islam has the characteristics of being able to address the whole humanity, from the people that lived 1400 years ago to the modern people of the future. Therefore, its rule is permanent and valid until the Day of Judgment.

fred rosenberger wrote:
Frank Silbermann wrote:[Y]ou first have to identify the true religion.

Can you define what you mean by "true religion"?

to investigate and find out the truth is your duty...

Thanks,



Rizvan tell me What is God? Something that exists in Nature that cant be crearted nor be destroyed..... pretty much same thing as what we define for Energy ..We need to understand that we are the divine almigthy for ourselves..
 
Sandra Bachan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 434
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I think some higher power put us on Earth as a test.

To see how well we cope with situations, without hurting one another, and without losing hope.

And in the process, we can innovate, create, and learn.

Take this website for instance. We help each other with Java, and other programming languages, which stemmed from the innovation of computers and electronics.
 
Mike Okri
Ranch Hand
Posts: 83
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sandra Bachan wrote:I think some higher power put us on Earth as a test

If some higher power put us on Earth as a test and does nothing when 16000 children die everyday from hunger-related causes, it must be a very sadistic higher power.
 
Sandra Bachan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 434
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mike,


We'd love to know how you are trying to prevent 16000 children from dying of hunger-related causes. Perhaps some of us may be able to help.


This Higher Power could be some force of nature that we cannot immediately see. Hurricanes, Tornadoes are forces of nature that destroy.


What's I'm trying to express is that this Higher Power, this force, which can either be kind (creates), or sadistic (destroys), somehow got us all here on Earth.

Perhaps as a test, perhaps for another reason we cannot begin to image.

But now that we're here, we should try our best. And if we are able to help someone in need, then by all means, do so ....
 
sachin potu
Greenhorn
Posts: 21
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
as we realize the value of time once we spent it,

similarly we will know the value of life once we die,

after wasting the time and realizing its value is of no use, time will never come back

similarly , after wasting the life and realizing its value after dying is also of no use.

Moral : Realize the value of life before dying

Some realize and spend the life in a very useful manner, --->> Most intelligent persons

and some realize and spend the life still in wasteful manner -->> most foolest persons

some are the people who donot realize its value before dying -->> i do not know in which category they fall

and according to my knowledge Everyone explains this question by concentrating on some kind of Divine or religious topics -->> i may be wrong

lets classify the Religions

Religions are classified in two category - ( based on what they worship)

MY INTENTION IS NOT TO HURT ANY ONE

1. IDOL worship religions (Example Hindhu , Christians etc etc )
2. Non IDOL worship religions ( Example muslims only one i can get)

finally i Say Worship the Creator, not the Creation, think a lot before following anyone
 
Mike Okri
Ranch Hand
Posts: 83
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sandra Bachan wrote:Mike, We'd love to know how you are trying to prevent 16000 children from dying of hunger-related causes. Perhaps some of us may be able to help.


Doing your bit to make this world a better place does not answer the question what is the purpose of human life. I don't think that there is a religious reason because religion doesn't make sense. I think that there is a scientific reason, however, we are many years away from understanding this scientific reason. We will eventually get there though.
 
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1077
Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Mike Okri wrote:
Sandra Bachan wrote:Mike, We'd love to know how you are trying to prevent 16000 children from dying of hunger-related causes. Perhaps some of us may be able to help.


Doing your bit to make this world a better place does not answer the question what is the purpose of human life. I don't think that there is a religious reason because religion doesn't make sense. I think that there is a scientific reason, however, we are many years away from understanding this scientific reason. We will eventually get there though.



I am pretty much sure that one of the purpose of human life is to makew World a better placec to live in for our future genrations.....


We are blindly Worshiiping our God but we dont see the intellectual thinking by the people who made God or createed ......

For Instace Lordess Durga Also knwn as Destructor of certain Cycle to Create something new..... Ganeshotsava/Dandia et is celbrarted in Indai tio integrate people of all religion.. there are somwrong stuff about superstitions tooo tst still needs to be outrooted from society for instance Child marriage......If we do Bad to other people, the same thing will happen to us too.. if we do Good things for other peoplle we wil be having a pleasent life
 
Mike Okri
Ranch Hand
Posts: 83
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Doing your bit to make this world a better place, treating your neighbor as you'd like to be treated etc. These are examples of good behavior. A toddler can answer the question What are examples of good behavior. However, the question is What is the purpose of human life. This is a much deeper question. This is like asking Why was life created (either by God or by some scientific process). We are questioning the intentions of either God or the scientific process. If you're a religious person, you could say that God created life in order to weed out the good from the bad as a gateway to an afterlife existence. IMHO, I think that there is a scientific reason behind the creation of life, however, we are many years away from grasping this scientific reason.
 
John Jai
Rancher
Posts: 1776
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Scientifically i believe man evolved from a form of Ape... So one of the distance purposes of human life might be is to evolve to some other living being
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic