My web app, following an initial authenticated GET request, responds with the following HTML response
The ready function sends a POST request to commence an ajax conversion.
This all works fine in Opera, FireFox,IE9, however Chrome keeps sending back an extra GET request after the initial (and all subsequent) POST requests. This extra GET totally breaks the conversation (and causes the page to reset in my case)
I have checked the GET headers and they are the same for both legitimate GET and the extra GETs, so I can't filter using headers (see below)
I have googled but it does not seem to be a common problem.
I have found the problem after much searching. The HTML sent to the browser by the app includes the following code
(fixed - see comment below)
Note: the offending code is the src="" in the code block.
The img with an emply src attribute is contained within a div that is hidden. The div is made visible and the image tag replaced upon a user click.
So the problem was that Chrome continues to look for an image from the server.
.... when I finally found the offending code I found an existing comment about Chrome. Initially I had programmed for the src attribute to be set dynamically but Chrome would not re render a new image. Instead I needed to use JQuery to replace the whole tag and generate a new id... anyway I go on.
I was not expecting this to be the problem.
Thanks fo you help! I would not have been able to find the problem without the Developer Tool clue, which looks pretty cool.
FYI - /edu is the url for my controller servlet, there is only one servlet for doing stuff (except for login, error, welcom, upload and download)