I recently moved out , I have over all 12 years of IT experience , mostly on vignette based content management , Portal technologies , Product is based on Java / J2ee ,
Recently , the Vignette product got acquired by OpenText and lost its market cap , due to this , also the company where I work have no suitable projects on vignette ,
Stated above scenario , I moved to bench stating that I don't have relevant experiance for job prospects in the same company , I believe this company will fire/show exit doors with the similar note in near future ..
My situation is that after 12 years sticking to same product and keep changing the company , I will be thrown out in near future ...
Please suggest ..
1) Can I do Java , J2EE enterprise architect level certifications to get job ? but I am at 35 , I think I take atleast 6 months to catch up ..
2) have worked predominantely in content management and portals .. moving to core java , j2ee will make me new entrant ??
3) I see less oppurtuniyt of 12+ exp , not getting interview calls , don't know will get a break
4) What is right salary for 12+ yrs exp ??
5) Any suggestion for my carrer ?
6) Currebtly work as TechLead in one of the org..
Look ma! I'm selling my stuff!
SKIP - a book about connecting industrious people with elderly land owners