kannan vimal wrote:hi ranchers
can any one explain the difference between ejb3.0 and ejb3.1
Please, refer section 1.2 of EJB 3.1 specification:
The Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1 architecture extends Enterprise JavaBeans to include the following new
functionality and simplifications to the earlier EJB APIs:
• A simplified Local view that provides Session Bean access without a separate Local Business
• Packaging and deployment of EJB components directly in a .war without an ejb-jar.
• An embeddable API for executing EJB components within a Java SE environment.
• A Singleton session bean component that provides easy access to shared state, as well as application startup/shutdown callbacks.
• Automatically created EJB Timers.
• Calendar based EJB Timer expressions.
• Asynchronous session bean invocations.
• The definition of a lightweight subset of Enterprise JavaBeans functionality that can be provided within Java EE Profiles such as the Java EE Web Profile.
• A portable global JNDI name syntax for looking up EJB components.