Does anyone know how to get a voucher without having to do a wire transfer? After a week of trying to get oracle to give me alternate payment methods I'm losing hope. I was so excited to do the exam next week but now they tell me I must do a wire transfer. That will take 6 weeks to clear from South Africa to HSBC.
So my Question is:
Has anyone paid for an exam voucher with a credit card or PayPal? If so please can you assist me.
Any tips that will reduce the amount of time I have to wait would be awesome.
I have always bought voucher at the testing site ie Prometric(earlier) and Pearson (now) .
1. Just go to Pearson website. Click on Sign in link.
2. Choose your testing program which in your case would be IT category and then Oracle testing program.
3. Now you have to chose the type of exam you are planning to take. For OCPJP, Click on the Proctored link in the center of the webpage.
5. PLEASE NOTE: You must create a web account with Pearson VUE before you can schedule your proctored or non-proctored exam. So please create a web account if you dont have one already
4. After creating a web account, you should be able to sign in.
5. You can directly get to the sign in page with this link
6. After signing in, click on the Schedule Exam link in the left menu. Choose your exam and follow the instructions... you will get an option of paying for your exam using credit card.
You might want to check whizlabs.com too. They might have an offer for a discounted exam voucher alongwith a Whizlabs mock exam. I bought those online using credit card. Their mock exams are pretty decent.
A few days I had got a promotional email from Whizlabs announcing the sale of Oracle Java Exam Vouchers at discounted prices (with free Retake Option in a few countries. I do not know if free retake is available in South Africa or not but you can probably find that out from their customer service). In their own words - "Since we have limited vouchers please ensure that you are benefited by purchasing these vouchers before the stock ends. The validity of these vouchers is till 28th Feb 2012."