1. The application is kind of BI ( Business Intelligence ) tool developed on struts spring and hibernate .
2. System will automate the report generation process , i.e kind of query builder ..Which will connect to the data base and user can generate query using user interface ( i.e selecting table/view and select display columns and apply where clause conditions , apply group by and order by condition , output type(pdf/html ) )
and output will be generated based on above conditions
3. This is designed for MySQL data base
4. Earlier the db connection properties are configured in the hibernate.cfg.xml file
5. Now the requirement is Client wants to turn this to dynamic ..i.e In the very first screen user should provide the connection details through screen ...( Server , user name , password ,database )..
6. System should connect the DB based on the properties through application ...Then user generates the queries and generate reports .....
There is one db connection is possible for single deployment ( i.e user can not have more than one db connections , only one is allowed )
But how to change the session object based on user in puts ..
in my case DB is MySQL , User provides following details
1. DB Name
2. Server Location
3. User Name
SUGGESTIONS AND SOLUTIONS ARE PLEASE REQUESTED.