I started by creating a web service client using Axis (JAX RPC) on Eclipse Ganymede (Creating stubs and calling methods on them). I made a JAR file of this web service client and used it in one of the JSP files (I know it is unethical; but that is what required for now). It worked perfectly on single development server.
Now, when I deployed the same on my production server (4 servers; each with 2 instances of JBOSS behind load balancer); it just went absurd. It is giving me 'Connection Reset' or 'Connection Time out' error. Now, here' the toughie...
I tried to access that same JSP file in local in each of the individual servers (i.e. Instead of using "https://<domainname>/test.jsp"; I am using "http://<local ip>:port/test.jsp" in each of the servers). What I observed that those JSP's did work in some instances of server. The worst part is, it changed every time we restarted the servers.(i.e. Say initially it worked on Instance no. 3 and 4 only. On restart, it failed in 3 and 4 also; but started working on instance no. 5 only. and this sequence changed most of the time). There is no other dependency used in JSP.
I am really confused what could be possibly conflicting it. I am trying on alternatives (using SAAJ API, Axis 2) but not reaching on any conclusion. Please guide me guys.