I'm trying to find a solution for the following problem.
- A user installs the 'Tamper Data' plugin for firefox (Used to intercept and modify http requests values when submitting forms).
- The user visits a page on my application and fills out some input fields. One of the input fields is a richfaces calendar component, they select a date from the calendar popup and the input field beside it is populated.
- They open the 'Tamper Data' plugin and select 'Start Tamper'.
- They submit the form (normal synchronous request).
- The use the Tamper Data plugin to add invalid charchters to some of the calendar components request values.
- The request is sent with tampered data to Bean.
- The page is returned with the following error messages displayed:
For the page the request is performed on, I have a <f:messages /> component
I believe this is happening due to the component values not been converted to the appropriate objects at the 'Apply Request Values' phase (Due to their values been tampered with).
I want to send users to a generic error page when these type of errors occur.
Options I have tried without any success include:
I created a custom converter on the calendar component but also is of no use.
Has anyone created something similar to handle JSF error messages at this 'Apply Request Values' phase?