Hi, I would like to install JForum on my intranet. JForum has a nice clean look and fast - great job!! Everything seems to work except I have not been able to get the search function working. I have not installed the CVS version yet. Do you have any suggestions?
I am using Weblogic 8.1
hhmm.. the search is a bit unstable, but it was supposed to work. Maybe this is another problem related to mysql 4.1 (just a guess). Please see if jforum_search_words and jforum_search_wordmatch have any records.
The code which handles that is src/net/jforum/drivers/generic/SearchModel.java.
There are some people trying to integrate Lucene with jforum, but I still don't have a date, since most of the code is for test purposes so far.
Rafael [originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Steil]
Thanks for the pointers. I checked the tables and they appear populated correctly. If the search works like it does here I'm happy for now! I haven't had much chance to look at the code yet..... [originally posted on jforum.net by jcoppert]
Thanks for the tip, but I believe described solution is not for my case, because I have jforum_search_words populated OK
(and also I want to searh on existing posts ;) )
I'm almost sure that it is something with text encoding.
I tried to debug and outputted to the system console pm.getPost().getText() from PrivateMessageAction and kw from SearchAction.
When using the same word in both cases console output looks different, i.e. text is encoded differently.
UPD. He-he... The difference between search action and other actions like private message is that search form uses GET method!