I use ant to build jforum. My JDK is Sun J2SE 5.0
The build process is as follows:
1. downloaded all the code into a working directory
2. execute ant under the working directory
3. Stop Tomcat(my setting will delete the stuff under Tomcat's "work" directory also)
4. go to the production webapp's WEB-INF/classes directory
5. delete the net directory including all of its subdirectory
6. copy the newly build net directory back
7. Start Tomcat
I checked the TopicRepository.java in both two versions.
In CVS, it's
and in version 2.0.2 was:
The return type changed from void to List. Is this the hint for the error? [originally posted on jforum.net by andowson]
OK...The problem is removed.
I solve it by first comment out the TopicRepository.loadMostRecentTopics(); in TopicsCommon.java
After recompiling, it works.
Then I remove the comment. Recompiling again.
It still works...
So...the code is OK. It should be my environment's problem.