Win a copy of Functional Reactive Programming this week in the Other Languages forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Search bug on JForum 2.1.5 (solved)

 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hello all!

We were getting a bug on some searches here. The problem was:



Going through the source code I found that the SQL statement defined in the file WEB-INF/config/database/generic/generic_queries.sql whose key is SearchModel.selectTopicData was inserting the result of a select from jforum_topics into the table jforum_search_topics.

The problem is that the field topic_title was defined as varchar(60) in jforum_search_topics while it was actually a varchar(100) in jforum_topics. Changing varchar(60) to varchar(100) in jforum_search_topics solves the problem.

Hope it helps. ;-)
[originally posted on jforum.net by jau]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hmm 2 years after I got the same error with jforum 2.1.7!

I did the DB fix manually but I don't understand why that fix wasn't integrated into the upgrade scripts. It's a very common use case! I guess it was a PostgreSQL only issue..
[originally posted on jforum.net by turman]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
turman wrote:I did the DB fix manually but I don't understand why that fix wasn't integrated into the upgrade scripts.

Apparently the jforum_search_topics table is not used anymore in 2.1.8, it could explain...
[originally posted on jforum.net by turman]
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic