We have just released our forum to the world and are having
some trouble with the following:
-1- when a sticky is the first item created, it is visible.
-2- when subsequent 'normal' items are created, they don't show up under the forum thread.
-3- if you make the sticky 'normal', then 'sticky' again, the probem may
disappear for a bit (all items viewable in forum)
-4- sometimes after doing -3- they revert back to not showing up under the forum.
- is this a cache issue?
- will changing things to not allow cacheing be much of a performance hit?
I remade exactly your steps, and for me JForum works perfectly!
1. I created a new Category;
2. So I created a new Forum;
3. So I created a new Topic: Sticky;
4. Checking: the Sticky Topic was there, as desired...
5. So I created a new Topic: Normal;
6. Checking: both Topics were there: Sticky up and Normal down, as desired...
7. So I created a new Topic: Normal 2;
8. Checking: the three Topics were there, in the following order: Sticky, Normal 2, Normal... as desired!
9. So I changed the Sticky to Normal (mantaining the name as Sticky... a mistake, sorry);
10. Checking: the new order was: Normal 2 (the more recent), Normal, Sticky (the older, but now without the Sticky status, just the name)... as desired!
Well, I suggest you, if it's not already done: download the 2.1.7 CVS version... it's what I'm using here... everything worked fine...
JForum have some bugs, and we are working to fix it... but it requires time and collaboration...
TKS for your collaboration informing this fix!
Tell us your JForum version, ok? Maybe it already had be fixed on CVS...
PS: Detail... I don't cache anything! Try disable the cache and follow my steps... so, share your results with us, ok? [originally posted on jforum.net by leandro_salvador]