A few topics in the forum talked about the chinese search problem, and a simple test on my local installation showed i had the same problem. So I decided to tackle this problem. Surprisingly it turns out it's supported already!!!
Windows XP SP2
Postgres 8.1 on local machine, UTF-8 DB creation
There're two word matching modes in jforum,"equal" and "like", "equal" means you search for a word, while "like" search for a series of characters. When generating SQL, "equals" -> = while "like"-> like
So, the cause is quite clear, you need to change the mode to "like" since default is "equal", simply add the following line to jforum-custom.conf. Or change in SystemGlobals.properties.
search.word.matching = like
In fact, if you don't change the mode, search for partial english word also doesn't return anything.
Today, I just installed the 2.1.6 on a tomcat 5.5 with 5.0 mysql, chinese works.
1. CREATE DATABASE jforum CHARACTER SET utf8;
in jforum-custom.conf file (remember, dont edit in mysql.properties file only, the running instance only read jforum-custom.conf based on the log output from the application that I read)
if it doesnt work, do #3
3. URIEncoding="UTF-8" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" in tomcat\conf\server.xml
Good luck to everyone who have problem with jforum in chinese. Now it is the time to try LDAP. [originally posted on jforum.net by Matthew.Kwong]
I found some pretty shells, some sea glass and this lovely tiny ad: