• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Rob Spoor
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Henry Wong
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Mikalai Zaikin
  • Piet Souris

New logo

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I would like it if a new logo was created. The logo isn't bad, but it looks a little bit unprofessional and since I'll be using the forum for a company, I cannot keep that logo on the forum. However, if I was able to choose another logo, which is smaller and less colourish, I'd probably have sticked to that logo... Maybe something that just has the text JForum along with the rodent-animal-thingie in black-and-white or something?

Maybe it's a good idea... Maybe not, think about it ;)
[originally posted on jforum.net by anoko]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

anoko wrote:I would like it if a new logo was created. The logo isn't bad, but it looks a little bit unprofessional and since I'll be using the forum for a company, I cannot keep that logo on the forum. However, if I was able to choose another logo, which is smaller and less colourish, I'd probably have sticked to that logo... Maybe something that just has the text JForum along with the rodent-animal-thingie in black-and-white or something?

Maybe it's a good idea... Maybe not, think about it ;)


You can replace the /templates/default/images/logo.jpg file with whatever logo you choose .. you dont' have to use the JForum squirrel. (NOTE: If you are using a different template, change the "default" in the path to whatever your template directory is)
[originally posted on jforum.net by GatorBait3]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I know I can change it... but it's probably in the interest of the developers/community to have all the jfora have a logo that is related to jforum instead of having everyone replace the logo... What I mean... It's good for your promotion and stuff (that's why you have a logo in the first place, isn't it?)
[originally posted on jforum.net by anoko]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

anoko wrote:I know I can change it... but it's probably in the interest of the developers/community to have all the jfora have a logo that is related to jforum instead of having everyone replace the logo... What I mean... It's good for your promotion and stuff (that's why you have a logo in the first place, isn't it?)


I don't think so .. that would be like leaving the Apache logo on your main website page when using the Apache web server ...

Forums are meant to be "personalized" to how the admin/owner wants it to look, which rarely means keeping the "vendor" logo.
[originally posted on jforum.net by GatorBait3]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hmmm I think you are actually right - probably everyone replaces the logo. But still... the logo could have a bit more professional look.
[originally posted on jforum.net by anoko]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

anoko wrote:Hmmm I think you are actually right - probably everyone replaces the logo. But still... the logo could have a bit more professional look.


You mean something like this?? :lol: 8)

[originally posted on jforum.net by GatorBait3]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Lol! That is TOO funny!
[originally posted on jforum.net by anoko]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
LOL. Really funny haha!!

Anoko, do you have suggestions for a logo?

Rafael
[originally posted on jforum.net by Rafael Steil]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
LOL... ahahahahahaha. Okay, that was damn funny.

I agree that a forum should be customized, but that it couldn't hurt the project to have something that is more "branded" to JForum. Many people do just whip something up and not customize. I'm not one of them, but they do exist. I've no idea for a suggestion though.

Still... damn funny.

-Alex
[originally posted on jforum.net by diverman]
 
Migrated From Jforum.net
Ranch Hand
Posts: 17424
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Suggestions... Well I'm not really good in that I guess... Maybe a bit less colourish would help - or less prominent colours. Maybe you can take the nut only? Maybe you can make a "U" shape from the nut and place it as in JFor-nut-m. If you do it cartoonish like this one, maybe you can add a text balloon - indicating the communication which is done by JForum... I dunno.
[originally posted on jforum.net by anoko]
 
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic