you should provide more information on this issue. as you may have noticed there's alot that use the forum, but little to noone that have the same issue. So it's probably a configuration issue/error on your side, most probably a tomcat configuration issue.
Therefore it'd be necessary to mentino which application servers you use, if you use mod_jk or any other connectors, hwo you set up the things , if you deployed other applications on the machine and what server.xml changes you made to them(did you do <context > statements there for each application and thus ...
The easiest way to deploy is a standard configured tomcat (fresh).. and just throw the war file into the webapps folder. dont forget to give the war file the correct name right away, as that'd be the context name for later on on how to address it
like if you throw the jforum.war in the webapps you can call it at localhost:8080/jforum ... [originally posted on jforum.net by Sid]
Ive configured the database and every other thing that needs to be configured but when I type http://localhost:8080/jforum I get an error the name jforum is not bound to this context displayed in the browser. [originally posted on jforum.net by t_edoja]
I'm not a fan of DataSources so I don't use them and can't help much here.
I do know that since 5.5 Tomcat doesn't recommend using <Context> tags in the server.xml. They say to use [contextname].xml in the config/[engine-name]/[host-name] directory. E.g. config/Catalina/localhost/jforum.xml This might be part of the issue.
You might want to play with writing a simple JSP page that tries to get a connection using a DataSource. This would let you verify if Tomcat config is working or not.
Finally FWIW, JForum's native JDBC uses connection pooling and is much easier to configure/understand. So if the only reason is to get this functionality, you might consider using this instead. [originally posted on jforum.net by monroe]
Thanks monroe for you help. I figured that later that JForum provied connection pooling without datasource. Now I am following that route. But I have spent hours trying to get it right. Your help in this would be really appriciated.
Envrionment that I am using.
Suse 10.x Linux
I have created a database "jforumDB" with utf-8 charset.
and now I keep getting other errors "Illegal mix of collations" There is a solution for this in another thread https://coderanch.com/t/574688 but for some reason I am not able to get it right.
If there is a FAQ how to get UTF -8 thing get right it will be of much help. I am going to post this problem in "455.page" thread as well
Vicky [originally posted on jforum.net by vicky]
Only thing I can think of is that some of the tables may not have UTF8 set. Try looking at the jforum_* table properties to make sure all everything looks right. E.g. Edit Table/Table Options in the MySQL Administrator. [originally posted on jforum.net by monroe]
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop